The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

The wife just put me on to these guys. Good shit. The whole album is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious what you guys think of Yuki Kajiura's work - she's got a pretty unique sound

Wish there was a whole album of this a-fucking-mazing collaboration. This youtube vid is the only thing I can find in existence.

I have no idea if this relates to LDR, but listen to these albums anyway, if you're into women doing music.
Cat Power - Moon Pix (Cat Power is currently a loon, but her mid-era output has some great moments, even though she can't put together an album from start to finish.)

Liz Phair - Exile in Guyville (I mean, everyone has already heard this album, I hope. It's essential. Start to finish. Seriously, this is mandatory.)

I liked the first one a lot. The second one I couldn't get into the vocals at all. Thanks for the recommendations though. I'll definitely be checking into more Cat Power.

Young Dro - Fuck Dat Bitch
The Rangers - Ridin' Wit Tha Homies
Twisted Insane - Pick Your Poison
Snow Tha Product - Play
A$AP MOB - Hella Hoes

Awesome. This fucking rap is ballin'.

If you're looking for the really down and upset feel that LDR does (I don't feel she does it particularly well, but meh) then you need to check out Carissa's Wierd (they have a male vocalist and a female vocalist) and S (though these two are far less "showy" than LDR)

Dweller: I actually haven't heard that much from her, but i thought her cover for Slayer's Raining Blood was pretty cool. Hmmm.

Mort:S does a lot of cool sounds with the music but not too sure about her voice. The Carissa's Weird tracks were cool. I'll have to check them out more, thanks for the recs