The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Neil Young is underrated. I think his quality control filter was a little low when he was drugging it up pretty hard. When it comes together for an entire album, it's as good as anything. Neil Young's best stacks up with the best of any of his peers.

Haha, damn.. man I love Parissa. Even after all the years she still looks and sounds good.
Unfortunately, it seems she doesn't play many concerts and her official website seems to have disappeared.

Sima Bina is also very popular even though neither of them have been able to perform in Iran after the Islamic lunatics took over.
I have heard about this stupid policy. By the way, I discovered Sima Bina (and Persian music) when her performance at the Weltmusikfestival 1999 in Bonn was aired on German TV. Here's a clip (unfortunately the picture quality is quite bad):

It seems I should check the website of the Dastan Ensemble regularly, because I just found out that I missed this about a month ago:

I have never heard of this singer before, but the Dastan Ensemble alone should have been reason enough to attend a concert. The two percussionists of this ensemble are also members of the fantastic percussion ensemble Zarbang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me happy how you seem to know a lot about the music and you're not even Persian!

Sima Bina is more of a folk artist and you might easily notice it with her appearance on stage if not with the style of music and the way she sings. I've never been much of a fan tbh.

Parissa on the other hand has always been one of the more underrated singers in Persian traditional music while a few others like Mohammad-Reza Shajarian have been dominating for decades.

I haven't heard of this new singer either but Dastan Ensemble are definitely a good bunch of musicians and they've worked with a lot of good singers. This song they've done with Homayoon Shajarian (Mohammard-Reza Shajarian's son):

P.S. I love this song cover by Alireza Ghorbani.. absolutely beautiful:

Corin Tucker is such a great vocalist - when she gets going, man is she intense