The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Myramainz is sweet stuff on the demo front (especially their 1990 demo), sort of ballsy and teched-up like a mix of Metal Church and Sanctuary (obviously two regional influences).

Reactions: CiG
Those first two tracks you posted didn't do anything for me. I'm after more traditional sounding metal, so not black metal or death metal etc.

I've never actually listened to Nevermore, where is the best place to start?

Myramainz is sweet stuff on the demo front (especially their 1990 demo), sort of ballsy and teched-up like a mix of Metal Church and Sanctuary (obviously two regional influences).

This was pretty good, is the demo available in any way other than digital? Reminds me I need to get into Sanctuary too.

Those first two tracks you posted didn't do anything for me. I'm after more traditional sounding metal, so not black metal or death metal etc.

the Seattle scene hasnt really put out a lot of great Metal

I've never actually listened to Nevermore, where is the best place to start?

Their not for everyone but I think they're great. Nevermore has quite a range

to almost chill yet depressed Metal

to full on Metal

I strongly suggest giving them a serious shot

Do you know Culprit? They were one of the oldest Seattle bands, their album is kinda inconsistent for me but some songs are a bit more elaborate in a Siren sorta way, and usually they have good bass playing

(Actually this is another album I need to give another chance after several years of neglect tbh)

I'm just realising that Skelator are a band from Seattle, cool. Also I just discovered this demo:

Thanks I'll definitely check out Culprit.

These Nevermore songs aren't doing anything for me though, I'll check out their debut before I dismiss them entirely.

I'm just realising that Skelator are a band from Seattle, cool. Also I just discovered this demo:

Thanks I'll definitely check out Culprit.

These Nevermore songs aren't doing anything for me though, I'll check out their debut before I dismiss them entirely.

also check out dane's first(?) band, serpent's knight. production is near unlistenably shitty unfortunately.

you probably know of the mentors already?

they do actually get called punk rock a lot haha, but the album i've heard just sounds like metal to me. i'm not a huge fan myself but they're one of those cult classic kinda bands, depends on how you feel about comedy lyrics. maybe check 'em out when you're drunk.

Reactions: CiG
51Tvo-iArBL.jpg