The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

@Carpe Mortem
@Krow
@zabu of nΩd

You all win.

I was jamming to this today:

Clutch_-_Earth_Rocker.png

and these yesterday:

Psychic_Warfare.jpg
Clutch_-_Blast_Tyrant.jpg
Clutch_-_Clutch.jpg

Psychic Warfare really impressed me because of the variety. The only way I would know it was a Clutch album otherwise is from Fallon's vox. The self-titled is pretty groovy too.

Surely you don't think they're better than CoC though? I'd agree, but I thought you were a pretty heavy fanboi? Either way glad your head is out of your ass.

I actually came here to say I've been digging on Rush a lot more lately. Netflix has a great documentary about them right now and it made me give them another chance. Dudes hardly partied, that's so respectable to me. And lends itself to precise intricacy of musicianship.

The vocals had to grow on me for sure but once they did.... excellent band, worthy of the praise.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Surely you don't think they're better than CoC though? I'd agree, but I thought you were a pretty heavy fanboi? Either way glad your head is out of your ass.

I actually came here to say I've been digging on Rush a lot more lately. Netflix has a great documentary about them right now and it made me give them another chance. Dudes hardly partied, that's so respectable to me. And lends itself to precise intricacy of musicianship.

The vocals had to grow on me for sure but once they did.... excellent band, worthy of the praise.

No, I'm a huge CoC fan boy for sure.

As for Rush, they are the greatest and most prolific rock band of all time imo. Their 80s material is very underrated.

They have too many flaws (convoluted, unoriginal songwriting, uncharismatic vocals, etc.) to be anywhere near the best band ever. Even in the category of prog, they don't touch the likes of Floyd, Crimson and Genesis.

Oh, you're one of those "consistency" folks. Might as well call Motorhead the best band ever, then :p