The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

This is just fucking awesome tbh. The weirdest people ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
God this song is wonderful.

(live version)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN6nwjskxkc&feature=related[/ame]

^ Really?

Personally, I don't understand the acclaim behind that song, for those who enjoy Valor's version of Christian Death anyhow. I think it's a very mediocre song from a terrible album. :yuk:

Ok, so I prefer Rozz over Valor but I think the first couple of albums with Valor as lead vocalist aren't bad. Songs like "Song of Songs" or "Believers of the Unpure" are way better for Valor's stuff. But I think that particular album with "This Is Heresy" was another turning point for the band where they really turned into complete crap.

^ Really?

Personally, I don't understand the acclaim behind that song, for those who enjoy Valor's version of Christian Death anyhow. I think it's a very mediocre song from a terrible album. :yuk:

Ok, so I prefer Rozz over Valor but I think the first couple of albums with Valor as lead vocalist aren't bad. Songs like "Song of Songs" or "Believers of the Unpure" are way better for Valor's stuff. But I think that particular album with "This Is Heresy" was another turning point for the band where they really turned into complete crap.

Shit, someone who actually listens to them... I only know about that song (as well as the band itself) from hearing it on internet radio. :p

I just thought it had a great bassline, cool vocal delivery (on the studio version), great 'evil' sound... though since I haven't listened to anything else by them, maybe they've done much better! I'll definitely be hearing more of their stuff soon though. I'll have to get back to you on how this song compares to the rest.

Lately ive been listening to alot of random stuff.

Ive exhausted Burial's "Untrue" , been inspired to sing like Ryan Bingham ( Crazy Heart song) and caught myself liking Phoenix quite alot....holy ,catchy!

Shit, someone who actually listens to them... I only know about that song (as well as the band itself) from hearing it on internet radio. :p

I just thought it had a great bassline, cool vocal delivery (on the studio version), great 'evil' sound... though since I haven't listened to anything else by them, maybe they've done much better! I'll definitely be hearing more of their stuff soon though. I'll have to get back to you on how this song compares to the rest.

Well if you like the song, then you like it...but I think Rozz's Christian Death is much better. The compilation album Death Club 1981-1993 is a good starting point for Rozz-era Christian Death.

They were one of the first goth bands that I listened to but it was a few years after that I really got into them, and it took me a while to fully appreciate some of their albums.

I was mostly turned off by Valor's stuff, but this song is awesome:

I can't reach youtube from work but I'll try to hear it at home (if I'm not distracted by Civ 4 again that is :lol:). I definitely want to hear more of this group.

I discovered this guy yesterday, he provides the whole soundtrack to the movie Falkenberg Farewell. Not much is up on youtube unfortunately.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nl-KPJt3vA&feature=related[/ame]

Some stuff I've been meaning to check out for a long time:

Autechre, Portishead, Wire, Talk Talk, Pixies,Leonard Cohen,Coil.

What to start with? Best albums from each?