The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Haven't heard Ween, so I don't know if I should be buying their albums on a whim. Will I win if I become a fan of Ween? Ah, too many doubts and trivial questions. But at least they rhyme somewhat.

If you're going to buy one of their albums on a whim, make it Chocolate & Cheese.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6QjWZujAls&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk6B2kDljas&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y--KHIey-xo&feature=fvw[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
THE MOLLUSK is the ultimate Ween album. Has a very relaxed, less jam-y vibe than their others, but it is probably my favorite. Chocolate & Cheese is up there too, and I also love 12 Golden Country Greats and White Pepper has great pop songs.

arton378.jpg

I've been very skeptical about Woven Hand (the new band of 16 Horsepower's David Eugene Edwards) since I listened to a few songs on youtube and didn't find them particularly interesting. I'm not sure if I just wasn't listening closely or if their records sound fundamentally different, but I recently listened to a few tracks from the album Mosaic and promptly bought the record. It's incredible, and easily as good as 16 Horsepower. The folk elements are still there, but there are also hints of industrial/ambient and tribal influences. I'm loving it.

THE MOLLUSK is the ultimate Ween album. Has a very relaxed, less jam-y vibe than their others, but it is probably my favorite. Chocolate & Cheese is up there too, and I also love 12 Golden Country Greats and White Pepper has great pop songs.

I really like Ween's Quebec album, i never hear anyone mention it either. It's pretty accessible compared to their other stuff. Anyway here are a few good cuts off the album:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quebec is aight, not one of my favorites but it's obviously not BAD. I can't get into "Pure Guava" but I do love "Push the Little Daisies" for its sheer "annoying" factor.

I see that you guys are talking about ween. I dont know anything about them, so Ill just say that I am listening to Outaskt. They have been my favorite band since 2001 ( long time for me guyz) and I never tire of them. SImply my favorite.

Any fans of Godspeed You! Black Emperor up in this bitch?

I've only heard the song East Hastings and its awesome.

Is anyone else here a fan of new wave/synth pop?

I'm a huge fan of Tears for Fears, and also Duran Duran, Talking Heads, A Flock of Seagulls etc but mostly TFF.

I own Slow Riot for New Zerø Kanada and it's a fucking awesome album. "Blaise Bailey Finnegan III" is one of the best climactic "build-up" songs I've ever heard; the last few minutes just have this epic apocalyptic feel that's unmatched by most post-rock groups. Definitely a great band.

I also own Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven, but I don't think it's as good as the EP.

Theres a lot of good music

Deep dude; deep. :cool:

Awesome! I had the fortunate chance to see them live last summer as well and it was pretty great, though they played a few too many songs from their new album which I don't enjoy all that much.

My favorites are Songs from the Big Chair and The Hurting, and then a couple off of Seeds of Love, Elemental,Raoul and the Kings of Spain and so on.

Is anyone else here a fan of new wave/synth pop?

I'm a huge fan of Tears for Fears, and also Duran Duran, Talking Heads, A Flock of Seagulls etc but mostly TFF.

A wild beast of a fan, yes. "Head Over Heels" is probably among the top 10 songs ever written.

Lesser known but The Armoury Show "Waiting For The Floods" is an incredible '80s rock/new wave/kinda post-punk album. Flawless.

Other lesser known synthpop/Depeche Mode worship groups I love:

The Mobile Homes
Split Mirrors
Cosmicity

If anyone here is a Split Mirrors fan I'll be really happy!

Alrighty, The Mollusk shall be my next Ween purchase. Cheers for the rec.

Ben_t recommended me some, so I went and bought Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven and I rather love it quite a lot. Must buy some more soon.