The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

heres ur dark/moody electronic music

from stuff for you ambient dudes

to more beat oriented stuff

and OF COURSE

just youtubin it up yall

Last edited by a moderator:
freakin love that gas track yall. sounds like shooting heroin in ur lonely apartment while a crazy house party is going on next door. least i imagine that might be what that sounds like.

lots of good electronic music w/ vocals but it's mostly soul divas and i think that would probably offend the tastes of just about everyone here so i'll refrain

edit: ok you're twisting my arm

THAT BASSLINE!

Last edited by a moderator:
this album

Blackfield.jpg

Gas is awesome!!!

I can't see the Youtube links on accounta I am at work but I APPROVE HEARTILY of repetitive electronic music as a poster and a genre.

"Computerliebe" is my favorite song of all time, along with "When Doves Cry" by Prince. The best version I have seen is the live 2006 Ghent I LOVE TECHNO festival version. Oh my god I would definitely willingly become a registered sex offender if I could see Kraftwerk play "Computerliebe" somewhere. I even learned how to play it on the violin and downloaded the 8-bit and string quartet covers.

Wolfgang Voigt is hot. He looks like a fucking animal. And I like Kompakt.

VNV Nation and VNV Nation clones are all cheesy, sometimes not in a good way. Or maybe it's the ponytailed losers who listen to them who make them cheesy. You know, the GOTH CLUB CLIENTELE.

That said, I love Funker Vogt. LOVE

VNV Nation, man listening to them brings back some memories...I have not listened to any ebm/industrial music in years...

Hell yeah. VNV was one of the first electronic groups I ever got into, and I still love them after all the stuff I've heard since. Empires just has the perfect atmosphere, and the best melodies of any of their albums that I've heard.

VNV Nation and VNV Nation clones are all cheesy, sometimes not in a good way. Or maybe it's the ponytailed losers who listen to them who make them cheesy. You know, the GOTH CLUB CLIENTELE.

I don't really listen to any of their clones as it's not a style of music that warrants hundreds of artists to expand upon it, but in the case of VNV themselves I think they hit upon something great with Empires. I can't really think of any electronica with such a sentimental and 'soulful' feel to it, so VNV has earned a special place in my heart for that. Even if it's somewhat cheesy, it feels well-meaning to me so it's easy enough for me to accept it as it is.