The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Posted this in the prog rock thread, but it appears, no one goes to the non metal forum anymore.
Capa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This songs reminds me of sitting back in my dorm reading Nineteen Eighty-Four for some reason. Great video.

The only thing like this I ever really listened to was Aphex Twin who I really enjoy but could never find anything as twisted and dark. I really like this dubstep music you guys are posting, keep 'em comin'

The song Satan posted was good too, nice NIN/trip-hop feel to it.

This isn't Dubstep, but Murcof is pretty dark. Nice and Ambient and super glitchy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZYt6MRJmBA&feature=search[/ame] Slow start

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xAyeHAhAaA&feature=search[/ame]

his best song is Razon en 3 partes but its not on youtube.

been listening to alot of ambient lately. Mostly tangerine dream's phaedra and Lustmord's heresy. I'd probably prefer phaedra, because it was a technological masterpiece when it was released in 1974. Anyone else heard these two albums? disagree/agree about phaedra?

Both are amazing. It's been a really long time since I've listened to Phaedra and a lot of details have faded from my memory; but the overall sound is just entrancing. That first track is just something else.

Heresy is fucking darkness and evil in the purest sense. One of the very few albums that genuinely unsettles me when listening alone at night.

Phaedra is pretty excellent. I also have it on LP, which makes it sound markedly better.

Heresy is good, but I prefer The Place Where The Black Stars Hang, as well as Kammarheit's The Starwheel in dark ambient.

I have a Phaedra LP as well, but I bought it used and it's one of the earlier pressings, so inevitable surface noise usually gets under my skin around the middle point of the first song and I just stop it out of frustration.

I've been meaning to check out other Lustmord albums, which I'm sure will be an experience. I'll get on that. Same with Kammarheit, as I have been craving some dark/powerful music that isn't metal or classical lately.

I like when people like Tangerine Dream. TD in their prime are my favorite non-metal group. Although Phaedra is a masterpiece, I've started to prefer Rubycon lately. Atem is awesome too.

I'm just barely getting into TD and Lustmord. I had heard of TD before, but I thought they were some early psych rock group or even disco so I never really bothered. It wasn't until I was reading some review on rateyourmusic.com and someone mentioned TD as being an influence on some ambient band whose name escapes me right now. Personally I prefer the 2nd track off Phaedra. To me it's sounds like.....well.....it's so beautiful/complex that a perfect analogy escapes me. I will say though that the song does remind me of the last scene off The Elephant Man, when Joseph Merrik slept for the last time and drifts into the next world.