The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

For the hell of it I downloaded a Ska album, Everything Goes Numb by Streetlight Manifesto. I actually like it. Very passionate and vigorous performance, and much use of the horn section, even breaking into a Brahms Hungarian dance tune at one time. And the drumming is more dynamic than I expected. I especially like it when they break out the hardcore power chords and combine it with the brass, becoming almost the Punk equivalent of Symphonic Black Metal.

6a00c22523081cf21900fad69122bc0004-500pi

For the hell of it I downloaded a Ska album, Everything Goes Numb by Streetlight Manifesto. I actually like it. Very passionate and vigorous performance, and much use of the horn section, even breaking into a Brahms Hungarian dance tune at one time. And the drumming is more dynamic than I expected. I especially like it when they break out the hardcore power chords and combine it with the brass, becoming almost the Punk equivalent of Symphonic Black Metal.

6a00c22523081cf21900fad69122bc0004-500pi

I listened quickly to some of that...sounds like poppy ska-punk, like a less aggressive version of Catch 22.

I used to like some bands that incorporated ska in their sound although I haven't really lsitened to any of it for years. I used to listened to Operation Ivy, Choking Victim, Citizen Fish, Catch 22, Link 80, Voodoo Glow Skulls.

I hate Kent, but this cover is really good. Great chorus, without the faggy synth pop vibes of the real Kent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't paid any attention to Kent's music, but is it part of some strange fetish for England?

Not the name, but perhaps musically, pretty much everyone who listens to Kent also listens to Sisters Of Mercy, Joy Division and Depeche Mode.

I listened quickly to some of that...sounds like poppy ska-punk, like a less aggressive version of Catch 22.

I used to like some bands that incorporated ska in their sound although I haven't really lsitened to any of it for years. I used to listened to Operation Ivy, Choking Victim, Citizen Fish, Catch 22, Link 80, Voodoo Glow Skulls.

Choking Victim/Leftover Crack and Citizen Fish all rule.

Anyone looking for some pretty great current post-punk and some equally great re-issues should check out Sacred Bones Records.

does anybody here know of any bands who mix Chopin/Rachmaninoff style Piano with a full Rock band( ideally, not mixed in a cheesy way, but well done...)

other than that, some Drum and Bass recs would be very welcome

I hate dubstep so much :lol:

I do like some dnb, surprisingly enough.

Anybody into Psybient?

This song "Neurosomatic Circuit" by Androcell is quite possibly the greatest song made for smoking a J....ever?!