The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Hoping that it rains all day tomorrow, so I could possibly get a day off.

Hoping that it doesn't rain tomorrow, so I could make overtime pay.

Fuck.

hbm should make a "I'm not dead." thread too so people can post some more smilies.

Orks.gif

Where is your God now???

1)If God Does exist, he is All Knowing, All Powerful and All Good (morally perfect).
2)If God is all Powerful he has the ability to destroy all evil
3)If God is all knowing, he knows evil exists.
4)If good is all good and morally perfect, then God would have the desire to destroy all evil.
5)Evil exists
6)If evil exists this means that either God does not know about evil (no longer All Knowing), God knows about evil but cannot stop it (no longer All Powerful) or God knows about evil and does not want to stop it
(no longer all good and morally perfect).
7)Therefore God does not exist.

Philosophy paper attack!!!!

1)If God Does exist, he is All Knowing, All Powerful and All Good (morally perfect).
4)If good is all good and morally perfect, then God would have the desire to destroy all evil.
5)Evil exists
6)If evil exists this means that either God does not know about evil (no longer All Knowing), God knows about evil but cannot stop it (no longer All Powerful) or God knows about evil and does not want to stop it

What if god does exist but he loves watching us suffer.

for my final paper in a philosophy class i wrote how term papers are unethical, or somthing like that.

currently loading google earth images of all the disney parks on my various computers. disneyland and disney paris are done. now i'm gonna load disneyworld and disney tokyo to my dual screen system. hopefully we get that 6th monitor so i can add the hong kong park to it and have all the disney parks as desktop backgrounds
np bathory
~gR~

5)Evil exists

I disagree with your reasoning here, but I don't want to get into this tired argument

Just got back from the lecture about ancient sites in Greece. It was quite interesting, and it makes me really want to visit there. I think they're offering a trip there next Spring.

I was actually supposed to go to Greece with the italian/latin/spanish classes in my school but they decided against it because it was ridiculously expensive.

Other than that i'm brushing up on my mythology with a book named Brush Up On Your Mythology whilst eating cinnamon toast crunch

Mathiäs;6633762 said:
I disagree with your reasoning here, but I don't want to get into this tired argument

This is what I have written as the counter argument to this thus far.

The most common rebuttal to the logic presented in the above section is the Free Will Defense. This defense was formed by Alvin Plantinga who said,

God's creation of persons with morally significant free will is something of tremendous value. God could not eliminate much of the evil and suffering in this world without thereby eliminating the greater good of having created persons with free will with whom he could have relationships and who are able to love one another and do good deeds.

This view point states that the existence of evil is necessary for our choices to be morally significant. Morally significant free will is a concept very important to the Free Will Defense. The idea is that, without the choice to do wrong a person cannot be praised for doing right. If the only available option is to do right, doing right, in turn, has no value. Keeping with this idea, if doing right is the only option, then we do not truly possess free will, not morally significant free will anyway. For God to create a world in which his creations possess morally significant free will, evil is necessary.