The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

damnit, i tried putting 2 images together as one diant desktop to split between 2 screens. but instead it just put half of each on both screens! now, i only have disneyworld instead of both disneyworld and tokyo disney. totally lame

np blind guardian
~gR~

I was actually supposed to go to Greece with the italian/latin/spanish classes in my school but they decided against it because it was ridiculously expensive.

Other than that i'm brushing up on my mythology with a book named Brush Up On Your Mythology whilst eating cinnamon toast crunch

That's too bad. The trip I might be taking will go to Athens, Delphi, Naxos and Crete. It should rock if it happens, which looks likely.

Ah Mythology. Don't miss the part about Saturn slicing off his father's genitals. They fell in the sea and from the foam was birthed Venus in all her beauty.

Funny story, that's how my Dad met my Mom

Evil, problem of evil never had much significance to me because I am atheist for scientific not philosophical reasons, but one flaw I can see in the free will argument is that it subjectively places free will as more important than goodness.

Mathiäs;6633762 said:
I disagree with your reasoning here, but I don't want to get into this tired argument

That reasoning is full of assumptions, and far from flawless. My guess is that it's aimed specifically at the idea of the Christian God, though; in which case, there may be fewer holes in it than there otherwise would.

Not that it's that difficult to find logical flaws in the concept of the Christian God anyway. There are quite a few arguments available for that.

but one flaw I can see in the free will argument is that it subjectively places free will as more important than goodness.

Hmm... well I'm not the greatest at debating this subject, but I think it could be said that good has no meaning if free will doesn't exist. Therefore, God would allow free will out of necessity.

...Of course, I don't believe in free will, or in good and evil, so I'm probably playing a pretty weak devil's advocate.

Not that it's that difficult to find logical flaws in the concept of the Christian God anyway. There are quite a few arguments available for that.

Obviously.

This is what I have written as the counter argument to this thus far.

Orks.gif

Haha, it's pretty good. I likes it.