The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I relistened to "Cemetery Gates" yesterday, and it's better than I remembered it being, but I still dislike Phil Anselmo's voice on the album. The clean vocals aren't that bad, though they're extremely average and kind of whiny sometimes, but his more aggressive vocals are annoying and sound really childish to me. The fact that there's actually some guitar riffs also helps it rise above most of their other songs, though I don't plan on hearing it again for a long time.

I've heard the album a lot because my brother used to play it all the time. I don't really remember much aside from the fact that I'm not interested in it at all beyond it being better than their music that came after it.

I hate when he does the quiet voice which increases and ends with screaming.

I definitely agree, since that's a big part of why I don't like his voice. I'd probably like it a lot more if he was a more powerful vocalist.

Brewing some tasty coffee.

728x90_3.gif

Working on papers in the library. For Latin I'm going to compare military speeches of Thucydides and Tacitus. For Honors I'm going to demonstrate the triumph of human nature over human will.

watching aqua teen hunger force, the dick ship episode. WTF, they have covered up all the dicks with rainbows even the ship made out of dick, and the dick necklaces and the PILE OF FUCKING DICKS IS A BIG BLUE SQUARE. WTFFF THE FCC CAN'T EVEN HANDLE DICK? WHEN THEY'RE DICKS? IS THERE A FUCKING DICK IN THIS HALL OF DICKS WHO HAS NEVER SEEN A DICK? EVERYONE KNOWS DICK!!!

That reminds me of something slightly unrelated:

Does anyone remember seeing movies or TV shows that were produced by this company called DIC Entertainment? They had an ad during the 90s showing a kid sleeping in bed, and then the view would zoom in through the kid's window to a sky full of stars, then the letters "DIC" would appear on the screen and some little kid would voice-over to say "Deek!" For some reason my little brother and I used to watch a lot of shows produced by DIC when we were young, and of course the ad at the end of the shows was rather amusing to us.

One time our family took us to see a movie (this is when my brother was 2 or 3 years old). It was right before the show - the theater had just gotten dark and everyone was quieting down. The movie screen was still blank. Right at that moment, my brother stood up on my mom's lap and proclaimed to the theater audience in an excited voice, "I wanna see DIC!" Most of the people around us burst out laughing.