The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Just finished a basement recording (with programmed drums) of one of our songs. Writing it didn't seem too bad, but when finished we realized: 1. It's a bit repetitive 2. It's 10 minutes long.

I like green people too. They're really easy to get in bed with. They all rebel against their parents and come to england and pay to have sex with teenage englanderscajun.

2. It's 10 minutes long.
Dude, I know that shit. It sucks, because when you're arranging it in your head it all makes sense and you feel like all the riffs need to be in there and shit but it's just way too long and you fall asleep playing it all the way through.

Yeah, I've been working on my growling but I can't go more than 20 minutes before my throat starts hurting.
Long riffs suck when you want a short song. I like to just switch riffs after playing them twice to keep things going, but that doesn't always work. Writing six minute songs is easy. Writing three minute songs takes craft.

itt WAIF hasn't looked into "The Zen of Screaming".

I've heard of it, but I don't really have a place where I can practice growls and shit much. I usually just practice by growling while playing guitar.

Other pupils of Melissa Cross have been the lead vocalists of bands like Arch Enemy, Madball, All That Remains, UnderOath, God Forbid, and Andrew W.K.

A ringing fucking endorsement there.

Anyhow, I don't really want to sound like that style. The old school death metal vocalists learned to growl by just experimenting and going with it till they found something that worked; they maybe fucked up their voices a little bit, but most of them sound pretty normal. So that's what I plan on doing. It's working, more or less.

I've heard of it, but I don't really have a place where I can practice growls and shit much. I usually just practice by growling while playing guitar.

A ringing fucking endorsement there.

Anyhow, I don't really want to sound like that style. The old school death metal vocalists learned to growl by just experimenting and going with it till they found something that worked; they maybe fucked up their voices a little bit, but most of them sound pretty normal. So that's what I plan on doing. It's working, more or less.

Randy Blythe is taking lessons from her now, and I think it showed in the newest album/on the performance I saw last month,and when he screams the God Forbid guy is a beast. It's basically just voice lessons aimed at teaching you to scream without ripping your throat out. I intend to get it as soon as I can. Just the clips I have been watching on youtube have already improved my ability to sing much longer without going hoarse/voice cracking.