The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Sitting around and waiting for my 3:45 interview. I still have not heard from this other company that I interviewed with twice. The call is pretty much going to be asking me to go take a drug test (which would mean that I got the job)

I got another call from comcast and I'm wondering if I should call them back and see if they're any more willing to negotiate with hours or if I should stick with this job where I'm making five less dollars an hour, but which practically lets me write my own schedule, and where my coworkers are awesome, and my customers are lunatics and old people.

Sitting around and waiting for my 3:45 interview. I still have not heard from this other company that I interviewed with twice. The call is pretty much going to be asking me to go take a drug test (which would mean that I got the job)

Damn you and your job experience. Nobody loves teh noob. :(

Damn you and your job experience. Nobody loves teh noob. :(

Yeah, it's tons easier to land interviews when you have it. I sucked at interviews when I had zero job experience. I still suck at interviewing, but now I just suck less than before.

I haven't been asked any real behavior-based interview questions though. That's where the real proof of my (lack of) interviewing skill will come in.

Here's what I was doing...My guitarist didn't know my drummer was here, so I told him I kept hearing noises downstairs (which isn't unusual, actually). He went to check, and my drummer scared him. The burst of fire was improvised, so I jumped a bit to. HA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij2We8_w5Hc

"Hey man, can you grab me a beer?" Has to be the best lead-in to a prank to date.

Yeah, it's tons easier to land interviews when you have it. I sucked at interviews when I had zero job experience. I still suck at interviewing, but now I just suck less than before.

I haven't been asked any real behavior-based interview questions though. That's where the real proof of my (lack of) interviewing skill will come in.

Yeah, the main thing I've found during my interviews is I'm not very good at conveying the sense that I want to stick with the company for a long time, since... well, I most likely don't. I have to work more on that answer.

I got another call from comcast and I'm wondering if I should call them back and see if they're any more willing to negotiate with hours or if I should stick with this job where I'm making five less dollars an hour, but which practically lets me write my own schedule, and where my coworkers are awesome, and my customers are lunatics and old people.

I read that as less than five dollars an hour.

Fuck man I know minimum wage is bad but that's criminal :p

Stick with awesome job.

Just threw together a playlist with some Carcass, Coroner and Meshuggah, listening to it while I hopefully finish off Alexander of Macedon.