The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

There must've been a problem with the download or the installing, because when I open the program it only runs for about 30 seconds.

don't use Torrents or a P2P software program. You only need WinZIP and WinRAR to open the files you download. It's really simple man =/

and Predator was good, wasn't near the 1st but I'd watch it and not complain. now the AVP's tho >_> <_<

w0rd. You can't take two completely different and awesome storylines and shove them together, and hope the sum is greater than the parts.

What?!? It was utterly shit, all action and no plot. A predator killing off drug lords? Randomly following this one person around? What the hell was there a spaceship under the city for? What the FUCK was up with the antique pistol?

Sorry, but it was shit.
Yeah, first one was quality though. Wouldn't call it 'the greatest movie ever', but it ranks highly in my books.

This is a (really) short story I had to write for my creative writing class. I was supposed to write something based on an experience I'd had at the museum where the class is. One exhibit there is described in the story. Let me know what you think. It might be a bit hard to understand having not seen the exhibit, but whatever.

The noose loomed large before me. Well, all three of them did; but the one in the middle, the one destined for my neck, loomed largest. Thick, penetratingly black paint coated each gallow pole from which the nooses hung...they were mounted on a wall. Each pole had a mirror immediately to its right. I used mine to make sure my hair was in the proper order. I looked at my comrades in death to the left and to the right of me; they had similar vain ambitions. After all, when your neck is twisted and elongated, you at least want to look presentable.

The cross-like visages once again enveloped my senses. I wondered if these instruments of death were meant to convey that imagery. I thought it likely as I read myself my own last rites in my head. I thought so because there was no platform. I supposed that I would just be left hanging there, my hands bound, until I succumbed to asphyxiation, as if I'd been crucified.

Jarring my mind back to reality was a strange vibration in my side pocket. The alarm I'd set had gone off. Twelve thirty. Time to head back to the room.

What?!? It was utterly shit, all action and no plot. A predator killing off drug lords? Randomly following this one person around? What the hell was there a spaceship under the city for? What the FUCK was up with the antique pistol?
Predators were hunting even when we used those firearms.
He followed Danny Glover around because the Predator knew that he was a worthy opponent.

Predators were hunting even when we used those firearms.
He followed Danny Glover around because the Predator knew that he was a worthy opponent.

I know, but the film felt like it was tacked onto the previous one, instead of being a sequel to it.

A bit like 28 Weeks Later being a sequel to 28 Days Later, despite having none of the original characters and a hugely altered plot. The only difference is 28 Weeks was actually quite good, while Pred2 was crap.

I don't understand why you thought it was a bad movie. I don't get ur sequel vs. tacked onto the other one thing

A sequel feels like it flows on from the previous movie. Pred2 felt like a different movie that just happened to have a predator in it.

I really like the first 28 days, particularly the first half - you know, before it went all "aliens with zombies on a shoe string budget".

There is one particular shot, when he enteres the church and the camera pans up to reveal the legend "the end is really fucking nigh" that I continue to find simultaniously horrifying and darkly amusing.

I guess, but I don't see how that makes it a bad movie. It wasn't advertised as Danny Glover goes back to Cambodia to avenge Arnold's fallen comrades against the Predator :X

I really like the first 28 days, particularly the first half - you know, before it went all "aliens with zombies on a shoe string budget".

There is one particular shot, when he enteres the church and the camera pans up to reveal the legend "the end is really fucking nigh" that I continue to find simultaniously horrifying and darkly amusing.

I'm one of the few taht enjoys all of 28 days later, sure the first half is way better(before hte military camp) but all in all a good movie. Still haven't seen 28 weeks tho..