The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Same with me, I was so damn excited when it came out that I went and bought it the weekend it came out with 50 of my 70 available dollars. Then I gradually just lost interest, and just wanted to get the damn game over with.
I think that has a lot to do with the battle system, as wierd as it sounds. You barely even know your other charcters are there, so you never get that connection like you know them, such as you would with a turn based system.
Learning the gambit system takes a lot of effort that would usually be devoted to story line as well.
That and the story line kinda jumps from place to place with long intervals between major cutscenes.
I think if I play it again, I'll already know the system for fighting, so I can focus on story line alone. All I remember right now is that one guy is bad because of some ghost thing.

I really don't like the gambit system. I don't like much about the game. Was severely disappointed. Sad as this sounds, I actually preferred FFX-2, which had really pointless aspects to it. I mean, Yuna, as a pop star? Please!

EDIT: V5 I could NOT agree with you more on that!

Oh my god I know!

I think the creators are starting to lose inspiration a little, which isn't good for me :(

Seriously... idk... maybe a second play through will make it better.

Regardless, XIII had better make a major improvement.

I don't think they had the time that they did with VII-X to make the game. It seems like XI got a lot of attention trying to make that work, which could have taken attention away from XII. If you notice, X was like a 4 year project, which is what you really need for a game that size.

Seriously... idk... maybe a second play through will make it better.

Regardless, XIII had better make a major improvement.

I don't think they had the time that they did with VII-X to make the game. It seems like XI got a lot of attention trying to make that work, which could have taken attention away from XII. If you notice, X was like a 4 year project, which is what you really need for a game that size.

Thats very true. I dont know why they brought out XII so quickly though?

Probably because it had been so long since they had a real game released. XI was not only not a FF game, it was a complete flop that noone bought. They had to save face, and a new game fast was what they had in mind.
To give them credit, they had amazing visuals and really put PS2 to it's limits, and there were a few ideas in there that were really cool, it just didn't seem quite finished. It didn't have that mystical aura to it that the others have carried every since VII was released. Another contributing factor to this, imo, was the new music composition. It wasn't the same music guy from the old game, and it just didn't sound right.

It was unbearably girly. I really wanted to finish it, I really did... and one day I will. But it was just so... gay... I don't know how else to put it. I loved X, and it was probably my favorite in the series.. and X-2just failed to keep that atmosphere, or any atmosphere at all. For the first 3 chapters (for that's all I got through) there is absolutely no level of epic to the story line, which is a major negative with FF.
Plus, conflicting element magic is WAY too powerful. I'll do like 30 damage with it one minute, and then something with a weakness comes along and I do 500. The complete lack of a challenge and difficulty was another of its many, many downfalls. It just feels like they threw the game together for the hell of it.
Eventually I'll finish it and I'll let everyone know my full opinion, but so far into it, I would take XII over it by a long shot.

X was awesome. I actually felt a mild connection to the characters.
And the cut scenes were amazing.
I only regret not finishing it :(
I realised to finish off that big Whale thing that tries to drag in your airship you need some of those ancient weapons that you only get from the cave puzzle things. And that requires you to beat the evil versions of your demon thingies. And that was impossible. I gave up tbh :(

X was awesome. I actually felt a mild connection to the characters.
And the cut scenes were amazing.
I only regret not finishing it :(
I realised to finish off that big Whale thing that tries to drag in your airship you need some of those ancient weapons that you only get from the cave puzzle things. And that requires you to beat the evil versions of your demon thingies. And that was impossible. I gave up tbh :(

Just run around and charge all of your overdrives up. Then cast haste on all of your charcters and you won't have a problem. I didn't get any special weapons, and never spent 1 minute training... unless you count taking 5 minutes to fill overdrive bars before a big boss fight.
If you beat Seymour on Mt. Gagazet, every other fight is child's play.

Just came home from the pool. It was unbelievable, we spent almost 11 hours there. I haven't gone to the beach/pool for 5 years, and this was the first time after all those years.

I don't know how to swim, and i was very close to suffocate. At first i thought the pool wasn't too deep, and i jumped inside the pool, then i found myself inside the water, moving my hands, and my feet, i was able to breath, and i was almost suffocating, but my friends were able to help me.

Anyways, my skin is burning and i am fucking tired.