The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Back from the organ recital. It was AMAZING. This 22-year-old from Germany is the fastest organist I've ever seen. He'd make a good metal drummer. But even then he slowed things down a bit to play a transcription of Barber's Adagio for Strings. Cookiecutter would have burst into tears.

Back from the organ recital. It was AMAZING. This 22-year-old from Germany is the fastest organist I've ever seen. He'd make a good metal drummer. But even then he slowed things down a bit to play a transcription of Barber's Adagio for Strings. Cookiecutter would have burst into tears.

I play a transcription of that as well. It sounds awesome when you have the celestes with a salicional

Physical. Back-breaking labor sure to be filled with numerous cuts and blisters, all while trying to maintain balance on an oil covered floor. Should be fun.
Sounds like my last job. We had to install conduit in a boiler room where the floor was covered in hydraulic oil. Fucking slipping and sliding all over the place, not to mention it was 100 degrees plus in there. Ugh I don't miss that shit.

Mathiäs;7379167 said:
I play a transcription of that as well. It sounds awesome when you have the celestes with a salicional

That's exactly what he did. His name was Felix Hell, former child prodigy. Heard of him? He also ended with Liszt's "Ad nos ad salutarem undam". What a monster of a piece.

I am currently being pissed at myself. I added my debit card to Paypal but not the checking account it goes with, so when I overdrew on Paypal, it overdrew from my other primary account which is an ATM account. It didn't have enough money on it so it charged me 25 bucks per time I tried to withdraw below zero and I don't think either of my transactions went through. So basically I just lost 50 bucks and got nothing back. And my parents are kicking me out of the bank (my mom works there) because they hold the belief that Paypal is evil, when really it was just my negligence that caused this. FUCK.

That's exactly what he did. His name was Felix Hell, former child prodigy. Heard of him? He also ended with Liszt's "Ad nos ad salutarem undam". What a monster of a piece.

Haha yeah I know him very well actually! He was my instructor when went to organ camp a couple of years ago. He is an incredible player. Did he play the Widor Toccata and The Vierne Finale at the end of the recital?

Mathiäs;7380469 said:
Haha yeah I know him very well actually! He was my instructor when went to organ camp a couple of years ago. He is an incredible player. Did he play the Widor Toccata and The Vierne Finale at the end of the recital?

No, he ended with that Liszt piece, but then played Bach's Fugue in G Major as an encore. He opened the concert with Franck's "Piece Heroique" and also Gigout's Toccata in B Minor, the latter being perhaps my favorite organ piece next to "Tu Es Petra" by Mulet.