The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I don't like them. Good tone for rock and blues mostly. But I don't like it. Too warm for my taste. And none of their necks are comfortable imo.

Wow, you're about the only person I've heard really say negative things about them... I heard that their pick ups are not the best out there; & I heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from a friend that their frets are not very good, but I payed $40 extra for stainless steel med-jumb frets... I've heard excellent things about their factory set-ups, action, playability, upper fret access, tone, neck comfortability, look, ect.

I got the DC127 & it's going to be sweet. I got mahogany body/neck, satin finished neck, actice/passive coil spilitters, & numerous other upgrades.

If I don't like it I can always return it. I have played through a Carvin before, but it was about 10 years ago. I remember loving it, & I've been drooling over the thought of ordering one for the last 5 years.

Nothing. I'm thinking about getting one of these.

anyone use Line 6 ?, there is different disto channels,etc.. but am more concerned with sound/tone because will most likely be running the head through a Dr. Distorto and Metal Zone anyways.

543315.jpg

I wouldn't get a Line 6 head. That would be a waste of money. If anything I would only consider buying a small "throw it in my trunk" Line 6 amp for quick rehearsals with another guitarist or bassist, but even at that point I would get a Roland Cube instead.

I do not like the cheaply over processed tone of the Line 6's. Actually niot many people do... You can get some "kinda" cool effects out of them, but that's only stuff to fuck around with. Your Boss Metal Zone is a great distortion pedal & you can put that fucker in front of anything to get a searing metal tone, so in your shoes I honestly think Line 6 would be out of the question. They have the most generic processed clean tone on the planet.

eh, spend more money and get a good amp.

I agree. An amp is something that you're going to have for a very long time. If you get a good one you will never have a reason to change it out unless you're going to be playing a completely different style. It's a great idea to invest in a good one, even though they can be fucking expensive. It's a tough choice, but I even spent $1,000 on my Marshall combo & I've regretted that for a long time.

What's important is that you get what sounds good to you but that Line 6 will get old fast... I'm considering getting a Peavey JSX in a few months, but goddamn they're expensive :mad:

Skipping class, and fucking around with my budget spreadsheet. I'm working on making some charts that show how much I spend in various categories.

I'm thinking about having two charts on my calculations sheet - one with the amounts, and another that uses the figures in the first to calculate percentages for each spending category. Then I'll stick a pie chart somewhere with all the category percentages for the entire period of data.

I'll get a screenshot up when I'm reasonably finished.

Nothing. I just got back from plattsburgh because had to get my guitar fixed and luckily they fixed it there because it's an hour drive and than an hour back and would end up having to go back in a few days which would blow.

I think it's fucking lame I have to drive 1 hour just to get my guitar looked at or check out gear,etc.. or even look at Cds and DVD's,etc.. so fucking lame.

only good thing the chicks are so much hotter it's like when you see a nice ass you're like WOAH why can't I see this shit here in lake dildo.

I don't know about anyone else but can't stand slow drivers regardless the weather(am goddamn insane). I just want to plow an old lady in a small car over a guard rail into the fucking river. rly

fucking old people. fuck 'em all

Back from a jazz concert.

Tomorrow is the Junior Classical League state convention down in Winthrop. It's like a trekkie convention for Latin geeks like myself, but with a big focus on a quiz bowl called the "Certamen". Should rock.

Drinking a Mountain Goat Pale Ale and doing 500 things at once on the internet while my girlfriend watches Gossip Girl.

I'm reading over this. This is some cool stuff I need to start fucking doing.

http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/MLS_index.html

On a side note; I was thinking about ordering a Schecter Jeff Loomis 7-string w/ floyd rose from someone last night, but I waited too long & he fucking sold it. He was asking $700 & the guitar was in mint condition. It would have been a hell of an impulse buy, but I've been wanting a 7-string for a long time :(