The "Who Am I" thread...

Welcome to the board, we always looking for new blood. Just read the rules and keep on posting.

P.S. My condolences about your brother, must be difficult for the family.

HAILS AND HORNS to the new fresh blood on the block! Always great to see younger one's enjoying the old school music most of us grew up on! Looking forward to seeing more posts and interacting with you all more.

I'm working on my Metal Masters review and uploading pictures, even though they said no cameras, we wuz sneeky beetches :headbang:

I am richard from the Philippines!
I am relatively young at 22!
been listening to metal since i was 8 and am a huge metallica and megadeth fan! rock on!

Welcome Richard to the forum. Read the rules, post hard and enjoy.

Hey I'm new here, spent quite some time reading posts here. My name is Nick, I'm 15 and from new york. I love older rock/metal I think the thing that ultimatly got me into older music is when my friend played back in black back when I was 12. I play a little bit of guitar on the side, also a lot of gaming (while listening to music) and that's about it.

Real name; Daniel – I prefer to leave my last name out of this ;)

Born ; In October 1983 which of course makes me 25 as we speak.

Im single :(

I live in one of the larger suburbs to Stockholm Sweden.

I work as a postman. I don’t like the job itself and I am looking for something else. I may move away from Sweden during 2009 so I will have to get a new job anyway.

Hobbies; I usually categorize them in 3 groups:

(1) Music. Its always been there. I always listened to it and I have played music since I was 5 years old (started out on the violin going to the keyboard and ended up with the bass guitar). Right now I play in a death metal band called Canopy ( http://www.entercanopy.com ).
(2) Philosophy and religion. Im not religious but I think the subject is of great interest. I am leaning a lot more towards the philosophical aspect of religion though (don’t care for rituals or history that much).
(3) Pro-wrestling and MMA. I love it both although the wrestling has been with me the longest. I love it both and I find myself watching to much even if the product isn’t all that good. I am the administrator of the largest (only?) pro-wrestling forum in Sweden at swewrestling.com.

My gear:

Hey guys, my name's Rich and I'm a heavy metalaholic.

As you may be able to tell by my post count and join date, I've been here a while. I just haven't payed much attention to this section until the other day when I saw Judas Priest thread in the column down the right.

I was brought up on a diet of Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, Judas Priest and loads more so I still have a great love for those bands. I have only recently started to appreciate Black Sabbath though strangely and at the asme time built up my own Deep Purple collection instead of borrowing Dad's.

Cheers guys!

Welcome Nick, Daniel and Rich to the forum. It's great to have always new blood to post in the forum. As customary I remember everyone to read the rules and keep on posting. Th only way the forum lives is by means of its posters.

@ The Insane: great pics, thanks for it. You got a great gear in there and as for being single, don't be sad, sometimes is a blessing :D

Real name; Daniel – I prefer to leave my last name out of this ;) ...... A picture of my house:

Oh man, that's too funny. "I won't tell you my last name, but if you can find my house while in Stockholm, you win!" :lol:

Nice gear BTW. I've wanted to try Hughes and Kettner amps for a long time. Nordstrom uses them, but they're not very common here in Canada (I dunno about the US).

One day I'll have to post a pic of my gear.

@ The Insane: great pics, thanks for it. You got a great gear in there and as for being single, don't be sad, sometimes is a blessing :D

Glad you enjoyed.

On the being single thing its not so much being single as it is knowing what I have lost. Its been a year now and Im still mentally fucked up by it. I say its better to have not loved at all than to have loved and lost :(

Oh man, that's too funny. "I won't tell you my last name, but if you can find my house while in Stockholm, you win!" :lol:

Nice gear BTW. I've wanted to try Hughes and Kettner amps for a long time. Nordstrom uses them, but they're not very common here in Canada (I dunno about the US).

One day I'll have to post a pic of my gear.

Hey, I realize its kind of stupid. I also link to my bands page where my info is for anyone to see. Ah well, come by for a cup of coffee or tea if you're in the neighbourhood ;)

On the Hughes and Kettner amp it actually isnt very good for death metal if one doesnt run it through a pod or some other effects. At least the one I have. Its really deep with bass and just connecting right into it will make the bass just disappear in the wall of sound. It is however powerful and when I use my pod for the sound I use the H&K as the amp and it sounds good.

On the Hughes and Kettner amp it actually isnt very good for death metal if one doesnt run it through a pod or some other effects. At least the one I have. Its really deep with bass and just connecting right into it will make the bass just disappear in the wall of sound. It is however powerful and when I use my pod for the sound I use the H&K as the amp and it sounds good.

Shame that the H&K doesn't sound good. I'm a big anti-line 6 effects person. I've got a spyder (years ago I bought it simply for a practice amp) - once you get to record with a hot rodded 5150, you just can't listen to line 6's stuff.

Shame that the H&K doesn't sound good. I'm a big anti-line 6 effects person. I've got a spyder (years ago I bought it simply for a practice amp) - once you get to record with a hot rodded 5150, you just can't listen to line 6's stuff.

It has a good sound but just not for the music I play. It really reduces most of the high end and boosts the lows.

Alot of people are anti-multi effects pedals but in general I find that alot of people cant make out what I use if they dont already know its a line 6 pedal.

I say its better to have not loved at all than to have loved and lost :(

Dunno, it has been 8 years for me and still can't erase all the memories. But you go on, it's the nature of life.

I just want to feel truly happy again thats all.

Yeah me too, but as I said before you must go on. Breath deeply, rise your head and move forward, find the inner strenght to do it (just don't fall into a medication dependence like I did), the next chance is around the corner, look for it, you´re young I know you can do it :cool: :kickass:

hey,
my name's Edward, i'm 18
i play guitar and sing in an 80's influenced metal band called striker that im trying to re-form in melbourne, Australia as i have recently moved therefore we were forced to disband :p
this year i am commencing film school which is one of my passions along with music
i love 80s heavy metal, here is a list of some of my top bands

Accept
Agent Steel
Angel Witch
Angra
Annihilator
Anthrax
Anvil
Artillery
Axel Rudi Pell
Banshee
Billy Idol
Black Sabbath
Blind Guardian
Breeze Least
Bruce Dickinson
Burning Starr
Cage
Charger
Crimson Glory
Crossfire
Cynic(UK)
Danzig
Deep Purple
Dio
Elixer
Enforcer
Evil
Frozen Tears
Gamma Ray
Gary Moore
Glenn Tipton
Grave Digger
Grim Reaper
Halford
Heavens Gate
Helloween
Helstar
Helvetes Port
Hibria
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Iron Savior
Jag Panzer
Judas Priest
Kamelot
Kansas
Killers(Paul Dianno)
King Crimson
Kiss
L.A.
Led Zeppelin
Liege Lord
Lizzy Borden
Lonewolf
Lord Ryur
Lost Horizon
Loudness
Machine Men
Manilla Road
Manowar
Marshall Law
Megadeth
Mercyful Fate
Metal Church
Mindless Sinner
Motorhead
Noisehunter
Omen
Onslaught
Ossian
Ostrogoth
Overkill
OZ
Ozzy Osbourne
Paragon
Pegazus
Pentagram
Persian Risk
Phantom Lord
Pretty Maids
Queensryche
Rage
Railway
Rainbow
Randy
Raven
Rhett Forrester
Riot
Risk
Rory Gallagher
Running Wild
Rush
Salem's Wych
SamSon
Satan
Savatage
Saxon
Scarab
Scorpions
Shok Paris
Sinner
Skyclad
StormWarrior
Stormwave
Stormwitch
Stratavarius
Stryper
Tank
Thin Lizzy
Tokyo Blade
Trident
U.D.O.
W.A.S.P.
Warlock
WarLord
Wild Dogs
Wizzard
Wolf
X-Wild
Yngwie Malmsteen

and this is a recent photo of me
myspaceforumphoto.jpg

Hello all.....I'm a newbiee here.
My name is Matthew. I'm 36 years old, married, have two kids 11and 4. I am a life long metal head. I live in Rapid City South Dakota, but I'm a East Coast boy, from Maine.