Traditional Doom Metal

Doom metal is my favorite of all. Simply because of my love of gloom, doom, despair and things. The band I'm into most is Ghost. I enjoy doom in a deeper way than any other kind of metal. It just attacks me at my soul an really speaks to me.

Anyone here know Soul of Enoch or Wheel?
I love Wheel. Hoping they'll put out another album soon.

As for the new Pallbearer. It's great. I heard the demo and was hoping for more of the same. And that's what I got. The Pilgrim and new Pale Divine are great as well. Lot's of great doom coming out lately. It's a good year.

Oh, btw there's also Ice Dragon. Not the best production ever, but I think it works alright.

Digital only it seems (for now), but you can decide for yourself how much you wanna pay.

Can anyone recommend me some bands along the lines of Warning, 40 Watt Sun, Pallbearer, Reverend Bizarre, or Electric Wizard? I'm just getting into trad/stoner doom, and I really would love to find some other bands. I already know Candlemass, Procession, Trouble, etc. I'm looking for lesser known but still high quality acts.

Hmm. Well, a few of the mandatory doom albums that everyone needs to listen to are

Pagan Altar - Volume I
Scald - Will of the Gods is Great Power
Revelation - Release
Orodriun - Epicurean Mass
Saint Vitus - Born Too Late

I'm having a brain fart at the moment...

Can anyone recommend me some bands along the lines of Warning, 40 Watt Sun, Pallbearer, Reverend Bizarre, or Electric Wizard? I'm just getting into trad/stoner doom, and I really would love to find some other bands. I already know Candlemass, Procession, Trouble, etc. I'm looking for lesser known but still high quality acts.

Hmm, all I can think of right now is Pale Divine (New album just came out today?!) and for stoner: The Atomic Bitchwax.

Going to recommend Born Too Late over self titled? weak

gundam check out the chilean scene, procession / condenados / il segno command

Similar to the Rev:
The Lamp of Thoth - Portents, Omens, and Dooms

Stoner doom stuff (I dont recommend bothering with most of it)
Church of Misery:

Saturnalia Temple - Aion of Drakon

Last edited by a moderator:
Conan's first full-length will be out in early April. :kickass:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueeOb6rjMbY&feature=related[/ame]