Traditional Doom Metal

Andy made me listen to the Olorin demo, I quite enjoyed it. I'm just starting to notice though that unlike other metal scenes, releases tend to be sporadic, makes me sad.

Olorin was great dude, no worries. I enjoyed it. I think that the doom metal scene is really sporadic with its releases. I assume it's just an overall popularity issue. Thank god that quality wise Doom seems so much better then other genres on average.

Well, the doom bands that I hold in high regard (Revelation, Orodruin, Argus, etc) are normal dudes with jobs who put out a new album and play shows when they feel like it. So it's understandable that albums are released whenever.

what is the deal with Hour of 13 being called false? did I miss something? I heard the debut and thought it was third tier doom, but i dont know where the falsies accusations come from.

Wino's music is overrated, though his place in history is secure. He was OK in Vitus, but Reagers is the true voice of Vitus. Punctuated Equilibrium was crap. Shrinebuilder sucks. The Hidden Hand is just lame. The Obsessed, the Place of Skulls stuff, and Spirit Caravan is his best, though I hesitate to call any of it essential. Maybe the first Obsessed album and Lunar Womb on a good day

rms doesn't like Phil Swanson and therefore thinks the band sucks.

And I tend to agree when it comes to Wino's projects. The Obsessed, however, is awesome and his vocals in Saint Vitus are perfect. I can't believe all this Wino hate here. Fuck you all.

I don't hate Wino, but there are countless other doom bands that I'd listen to before picking up something Wino related. Dude's music just doesn't do it for me, and I've heard most of them.

Hour of 13 didnt strike me as anything noteworthy, then again I pretty much stick to the old Maryland stuff and Hellhound roster. I throw Ho13 in with Orodruin, Argus, Memory Driven and Gates of Slumber, as bands that I can listen to, but really pale in comparison to the older stuff. Nothing against them personally.

Phil is gay as well as Chad. Band has no dignity and should be shamed after their debut which is their only good release anyways.