Traditional Doom Metal

Man, I love all of it. Orodruin, Argus, and Hour of 13 are like the best doom bands around these days. But obviously the classics are untouchable.

Revelation is the best doom band around today and I'd say Release rivals a lot of classic doom albums. Then again they're not a new band, but still...

Also I think Valkyrie gets unfairly overlooked. Really awesome band.

Release is wonderful, though I think Accumulus is the best thing from those guys.

Blood Farmers are my favorite. And Unorthodox. And Count Raven...ah fuck it.

Valkyrie are good, yes. Kind of a Thin Lizzy gone doom. Excellent songs.

Griftegard.

Ah yes, fantastic band.

Release is wonderful, though I think Accumulus is the best thing from those guys.

Blood Farmers are my favorite. And Unorthodox. And Count Raven...ah fuck it.

Valkyrie are good, yes. Kind of a Thin Lizzy gone doom. Excellent songs.

I've not given Against Nature as much of a listen as they likely deserve.

And yeah, I love it. Their leads are incredible - just catchy beyond reason.

I've found myself listening to The Gates of Slumber's Suffer No Guilt a fucking TON lately.

Ah yes, fantastic band.

Indeed. I just got their two splits and I haven't been able to listen to them yet, but their other material is all excellent. Arguably the first band to do something truly interesting and novel with newer influences like Reverend Bizarre and Warning.

For Against Nature, everything up to Accumulus bears a fairly strong resemblance to Revelation, for the most part, so those should be safe bets. I would recommend Leer, Panoply, and The Anxiety of Influence.

Griftegard had some good songs, but it didn't hit as hard as i would have liked.

Release and Accumulus, I see as spiritually connected. Both are the best (or quite nearly) things each of those bands have released.

more people need Blood Farmers and Ogre

^I agree with the above statement. Plague of the Planet is probably my favorite doom release of the 2000s. Also I remember hearing something about a new Blood Farmers which would be fucking awesome.

I need to get into Blood Farmers. I'll be seeing them at the Days of the Doomed Fest in June.

But I pretty much agree with everyone in this thread. Griftegard, Revelation, and Unorthodox are fucking great.

Speaking of Days of the Doomed Fest, I won one of the raffles. I get my hotel and passes FREE for the weekend. Fuck Yeah!

470241_10150760728191690_648311689_12036977_215256516_o.jpg

That's pretty awesome. Are you doing the show in Ohio the following weekend? Manilla Road headlining...Warriors of Metal or something it's called

Lame, I think the lineup is better than Days of the Doomed as well..but I guess now it's 2 weeks after since that biotch moved to Milwaukee instead of that bumfuck town

That move is the best thing that's happened...for me at least. If it was in the original weekend I wouldn't be able to go.

And sure seeing Manilla Road is a once in a lifetime experience, but overall I still say Days of the Doomed fest is better. Too many awesome bands.