Traditional Doom Metal

Yeah, Children of Satan was the song that I liked the most, really great!

I've got the new Fall of the Idols. It takes time to digist for sure, not many hooks or catchy riffs to instantly rock out to. It is much more oppressive and dark then the debut (and that is saying pretty much considering The Womb of the Earth was very dark itself). It is my favourite album this year so far atleast and it is in the same spirit as the debut. It may even surpass it when I've gotten to know all the songs inside and out like I have on the first one.

I went around looking for it today and no place had it. I didn't really expect anyone to have it. Looks like I'll have to order it. From the two songs on their myspace, it definitely sounds great. And I'd agree with the other poster that they've moved to a much more traditional American Power/Heavy feel, but still with some obvious Sabbath influence.

Sounds good, can't wait to get this. Is I Hate the only place it's available from at the moment?

Sounds good, can't wait to get this. Is I Hate the only place it's available from at the moment?

Well, I just purchased my copy from Profound Lore for 12 USD, so I guess not. That includes shipping too. I'd grab it while you can. Listening to their tracks on their myspace gets me pumped. Can't wait to get it. Love that artwork too. I'm a total Robert Howard whore, what can I say?

Well, I just purchased my copy from Profound Lore for 12 USD, so I guess not. That includes shipping too. I'd grab it while you can. Listening to their tracks on their myspace gets me pumped. Can't wait to get it. Love that artwork too. I'm a total Robert Howard whore, what can I say?

Bastards! They're only selling to North American customers.

Bastards! They're only selling to North American customers.

Yeah, but only a week early. I'll let you know how it goes. I should get it within the week. Thinking of buying Solstice's 'Lamentations' too sometime. The End has some really good shit for fair prices.
Orodruin ftw btw.
Does anyone else hear In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida riff "ripoff" in Pierced by Cruel Winds?

Was just listening to them actually, but I didn't notice anything around those lines. I'll have to listen again sometime and keep my ears "open" for it.

Was just listening to them actually, but I didn't notice anything around those lines. I'll have to listen again sometime and keep my ears "open" for it.

It's the riff towards the end. I knew I had heard it somewhere, and at first I thought it was Hendrix or Clapton or something haha.

Big yes to Solstice. Lamentations is great, but New Dark Age is even better, definitely get them as soon as you can.
Indeed, Solstice ranks up there in the top of epic doom, pretty much only Candlemass and Scald that tops them. New Dark Age is easily their masterpiece.

I was going to take advantage of eBay's new policy where sellers can't leave retaliatory negative feedback against buyers for giving them negative feedback by nailing the sellers who have sent me bootlegs. The problem is, although I purchased my copy of The Obsessed from Greece and therefor now suspect it's a bootleg, I'm not able to confirm this. Can someone who has an original copy confirm or deny the pressing: Hellhound Rec. West Germany, SPV 084-69072, UPC 4001617680728. The rear insert has LC 7212 printed in the bottom right corner. It arrived still shrink-wrapped which makes it almost an obvious bootleg since it hasn't been pressed since 1990.

Well, I just ordered Solstice's 'New Dark Age' for less than 8 USD so I'm pretty pumped. I should be getting here within the next few days. That plus the new Gates of Slumber album I ordered should set me well for a bit.

Yeah the albums are the most essential, and The Awakening is their best imo so start there. The EPs are more for fanboys as they include lots of covers and other versions of songs etc. But they rule too (The Riddle Master \m/!).

Really digging the new Gates of Slumber album. It's the first of their stuff I've heard, any other albums worth checking out?

Yes!! Their previous albums are both excellent, but i prefer suffer no guilt over The Awakening because "riders of doom" is such a fucking epic beast of a song that i can't ever get tired of listening.

Also the new album just keeps getting better and better after every listen, I want to say that this is my favorite album to be released this year, but im not so sure yet, definitely top 3 for me.