what have you been doing today?

The thing is, it wasnt that long ago, so obviously people are gonna associate Germany with Hitler. It's just like people associate Ireland with the IRA bombings, or scousers with thieving. Who voted the Nazis in?

We export all our good bacon to Britain though, there's even this British dude making a living on exporting it back here, so really we should be calling the Brits bacon boys.

hitler.jpg

siderea said:
hihi
sorry i know it's lame, that's why i didn't put a picture in the first place.
but it's like a reflex: germany -hitler
when i was in berlin, the first thing this guy at some entrance associated me was belgium - kidraping
i understand it must be tiresome having to deal with this all your life...as it's not like you've something to do with it
i as well tried to be politcal correct and not laugh with any racist jokes, but in the end, if you know it's with the right bunch of people and all, it's damn damn funny

exactly

@ Maren: don't take it too seriously. You're right it's tiring and that. If it's meant seriously, just ignore it. If not laugh about it. Argueing about it doesn't help it anyways. :)

Morpheus said:
@ Maren: don't take it too seriously. You're right it's tiring and that. If it's meant seriously, just ignore it. If not laugh about it. Argueing about it doesn't help it anyways. :)
I know it doesn't. And I wish I wouldn't be that sensitive about the whole issue. But after seeing places such as Auschwitz or Sachsenhausen, I doubt I'll ever be able to laugh with Nazi jokes.

hm what I done today... work, went to the hair dresser (once a year it has to be :lol: ), packed my things for my weekend trip to holland and belgium and now going to see trail of tears and tristania, and after that leaving for holland... see u :)
btw maren got my mail? :)

snow2fall said:
I can't see anything funny about killing millions of people. Sorry, but I can't stand these Nazi jokes. The first thing people associate with Germany: Hitler. :Smug:

obviously.. it has got a bad reputation, i doubt it goes away.

well. its not only Hitler.. Germany is famous by the sausages and October Fest here.

for telling hitler jokes, that could get you shot in germany back in the war, some things dont change eh?

So why DID hitler kill himself??

cos he got the gas bill!

boom boom
wheres me washboard??

hitler goes to auswitz for a visit, and while he walks around he sees that little jewish girl smiling, so he goes to her and asks her
- why are you happy?
- im gonna celebrate my birthday tomorrow!
- yeah? i dont think so hehe.