what have you been doing today?

Allan said:
I think my point was I'm as tired of Germans bitching about people throwing Hitler at them as I am of people throwing Hitler at Germans.

haha heiko told me that story, he was in a restaurant in belgium once, and there was a group of german tourists, and when they stood up to go, some belgian dude shouted at them 'haben sie nichts verloren?' ('havent you lost anything?') so the tourists checked if they had forgotten stuff or something, then the belgian guy said 'und das krieg??' ('what about the war?') :tickled:

Just coming home from work. It's been a busy night in the club; I'm cold and tired now. But nevertheless I enjoy working there - nice colleagues, freaky guests, and always a free gig to watch. :loco: I'm even more tired now after reading Mehdi's story, so I'm gonna head off to bed. :zzz:

I have been suffering with another hangover :erk: i cant take me ale anymore, this is bad.

been to 2 parties and now i am letting me liver dry out for a bit :loco:

I've cooked for myself again, and it was even better then last time :)

It's just that I'm hungry again. :(

Otherwise I'm trying to reconfigure my life, it is pointless the way it is today. I don't mean it's not pointless in general, metaphysically, god laughing and all that stuff, but I don't care about that, I mean the little things, like as a kid I could even appreciate a bit of garden work cause that made me feel good. But the achievements don't make me happy any more, I'm actually fed up with this set-up of mine, I always want to leave this place, and this feeling of temporariness is tiring.

and I forgot to buy some sweets :/

It's so ordinary in a bad way.

Hey Irene, did you reach Caro? Hope the number was correct this time.

Nothing new here: Been listenig to lectures and then working in the customer service center all day. Got to know that Santa is gonna bring me a new comp this year. Yay. :Spin:

the number you gave me was the same as the one i had.i sent her another message, but i got no reply. ah, she must've been too busy :)

and thanks for the quick reply ;)

I'm writing up what i need for an oral presentation in a class tomorrow. I am terrified of speaking in front of people and i don't think i ever really have done anything like this in a formal way, ever. Just critiques in college but that was entirly different and no anxiety at all.
During the first class, I had to introduce myself and say something about my life and when everyone turned to look at me, everything went black. I don't even remember past that point. I must have said something though. God, it sucked!
I don't know how I'm going to do this! I'm hoping a friend will show up to just help support me. (?) He knows how to calm me down and instill a sense of well being in me, when he wants to. :) (Just as long as he doesn't start making faces at me from the back of the room, because if i start laughing, oh no.)
I mean, i've been stressing out all day just thinking about it.

nomana-nuniyan said:
I'm writing up what i need for an oral presentation in a class tomorrow. I am terrified of speaking in front of people and i don't think i ever really have done anything like this in a formal way, ever. Just critiques in college but that was entirly different and no anxiety at all.
During the first class, I had to introduce myself and say something about my life and when everyone turned to look at me, everything went black. I don't even remember past that point. I must have said something though. God, it sucked!
I don't know how I'm going to do this! I'm hoping a friend will show up to just help support me. (?) He knows how to calm me down and instill a sense of well being in me, when he wants to. :) (Just as long as he doesn't start making faces at me from the back of the room, because if i start laughing, oh no.)
I mean, i've been stressing out all day just thinking about it.

yo!

Just wasted a good hour dealing with 3 things that dumped through my door this morning. Uni had messed up exam registrations, bill for a subscription I had told them I wouldn't continue and about the 8th diaper sample the past 2 months, I thought they'd figure out some dude had pulled a funny one when they had no feedback on the first 7.

You can get used to presentations and speaking in front of people, when I had to teach first I was really nervous, then it went away with the practice.

In my second semester at uni I went through a lenghty oral presentation (2 hours) all alone 'cause none of the other participants showed up. Since then I haven't had any problems with nervosity. Baptism of fire, so to speak.