What is metal elitism?

Always liked their production/music but the tough guy gangsta lyrics are ridiculous

Im still wondering why whenever alternative taste in music comes up, its almost always rap or hip hop. Especially considering that this is a thread about metal elitism :err:

eh fuck this thread anyway, "how am I an elitist and why does it make me cool?" yuck

It's not really that I think "rap sucks" it's more that I just don't enjoy the sound of people rapping. I won't deny many rap artists have talent, doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't like the sound of country music either.

Rap can be good. Brotha Lynch Hung, Tech N9ne, Twisted Insane, X-Raided, The Rangers, etc. Fuck all y'all who disagree.

It's not really that I think "rap sucks" it's more that I just don't enjoy the sound of people rapping. I won't deny many rap artists have talent, doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't like the sound of country music either.
I get you I don't like most rap or any country either. people like what they like. I just hate when people say artists aren't talented or a whole genre is crap, except pop that shit takes no skill. but as far as elitism in metal goes I think that needs to stop we get enough crap from people that think metal is noise.. we should be standing together not arguing whether or not metal core or goth metal is any good.

I don't listen to much rap but what I have I really like. Old school Nas, Wu-Tang Clan, etc.

I've been really digging Eminem lately. Motherfucker has some serious talent for rhymes.

I can appreciate the talent it takes to free style rap well or just wordsmith as some do freestyle or not (ie Eminem). But I can't take even the "good stuff" for very long. Eventually it all starts sounding like, to quote Eminem: "Hibbity hoooblaaaah!"

people who blanket hate entire genres generally have no intention of even trying to understand or appreciate them, so there's no point bothering with recs