When there's no more room in hell...

bloodfiredeath

kaiju eiga
May 19, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
...the dead will walk the earth.

Fuck, we need a zombie thread. I wanna start talking about the Dawn of the Dead remake, and the most recent rumors about Romero finally doing a 4th dead film.
Go on then - start a thread!!! Go for it.

I honestly don't know where to begin in a zombie movie thread. It could go so many directions for me. But... I'll start with the remake of Dawn of the Dead that started shooting this week in Toronto. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the idea at all, and the script review I read doesn't sound so good, but I will wait and see.

The thing that keeps hope maybe alive is that I love the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead. It stands on its own as a great film. So maybe...

So... favorite zombie movies?

The remake of Dawn of the Dead is so unnecessary. Almost as futile as that remake of Psycho that nobody saw. However, I'll take the living dead in any shape or form.

Night of the Living Dead remake wasn't bad - Tom Savini did a good job.

OK great zombie flicks and a quick nod to the works of Lucio Fulci (oh, we are so not worthy)...

Zombie (aka Zombi 2 or Zombie Flesh Eaters). Just classic stuff - zombie killing shark(!), and of course THAT ending with the radio announcer and the Brooklyn Bridge.

The Beyond - a bit gruesome with the spiders and all that, and the plot is all over the place, but those last 20 minutes are just stunning zombie offerings.

Of course, Romero is the real necromancer though. He needs to give us a fourth movie, and I heard Anchor Bay are going to produce....?

from homepage of the dead's update from may. regarding a new romero dead film:

"Dead Reckoning" has been dropped in favour of "land of the dead" as the current scripts title.

George has completed a new re-write of the script as of this year.

Miramax or Fox offered Romero approx 17 mil to do dead 4. He would be able to shoot whatever he wanted, but the theatrical cut would have to be rated R. But he would retain the rights to the picture, and would be able to release an "unrated version" on DVD, if he so chose.

If this deal falls through, John Carpenter has offered him (George) the same money. But Carpenter would be the executive producer of the project, write the score and would retain some rights to the piece.

I've read before that Romero has said he needed 10 mil for the movie, so this is promising news.

The Beyond and Zombie are both great. Have you ever seen Let Sleeping Corpses Lie? Love that movie...

bloodfiredeath said:
If this deal falls through, John Carpenter has offered him (George) the same money. But Carpenter would be the executive producer of the project, write the score and would retain some rights to the piece.

This would be cool - but then I tend to remember Carpenter for his earlier years. As long as he wouldn't interfere too much...

Have you ever seen Let Sleeping Corpses Lie? Love that movie...

Not yet...! I do need to get it though. I've got an uncut copy of Dellamorte Dellamore lying about that I still haven't watched either. Have you seen that one?

JayKeeley said:
Not yet...! I do need to get it though. I've got an uncut copy of Dellamorte Dellamore lying about that I still haven't watched either. Have you seen that one?

Dude, you totally gotta get Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. It's a great movie.

Yeah, I saw Dellamorte Dellamore at the theatre when it came out, I love that movie. I need to get the dvd.

Uh... how about Return of the Living Dead? :)

bloodfiredeath said:
Dude, you totally gotta get Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. It's a great movie.

Will do. I'll order it this week. It came out before Dawn right?

Uh... how about Return of the Living Dead? :)

I like it, but you know what? I preferred part 2! You know, they used the same concept of RofLD in Zombie 3 (the Fulci/Mattei semi-disaster) where the crematorium has infected bodies...some fine moments in Zombie 3 though for sure.

I have never watched many zombie flicks, but I played a fuckton of Castlevania in my life. :headbang:

NAD said:
I have never watched many zombie flicks, but I played a fuckton of Castlevania in my life. !:headbang:

NAD - the best game series of all time is Resident Evil. I bought consoles just to play those games. Have you ever played RE?

Yup I broke down and got a Playstation some years back for Resident Evil (well, mom bought it for me, Christmas rules :) ) and I never finished it. Got to the last boss and realized "shit, I don't have that hand cannon, better go get it." Got all the way to the beginning of the mansion, got the gun, got my head chopped off by one of those green fucks before I could save, haven't played it since. Castlevania beats that any day of the week though, but I'm a 2D type of gamer anyhow. :)

NAD said:
Yup I broke down and got a Playstation some years back for Resident Evil (well, mom bought it for me, Christmas rules :) ) and I never finished it. Got to the last boss and realized "shit, I don't have that hand cannon, better go get it." Got all the way to the beginning of the mansion, got the gun, got my head chopped off by one of those green fucks before I could save, haven't played it since. Castlevania beats that any day of the week though, but I'm a 2D type of gamer anyhow. :)

You know, Resident Evil 1 (Directors Cut) was way too difficult. And the funny thing is, the same exact shit happened to me. I got to the roof waiting for the helicopter and I didn't have the rocket launcher.

But I urge you to check out Resident Evil 2. Considered by some to be the best of the series, and totally more playable. RE3 is excellent also, and you can make your own ammo - the only problem is, the game is pretty short.

And then my fave - Res Evil Code Veronica. Man, I completed that twice I liked it so much. Wicked story line too.

If I can find RE2 for cheap, I'll try it out. Right now (well, whenever I play video games anyhow) I'm going through Final Fantasy I. Told you I was an old 2D gamer. :)

NAD said:
If I can find RE2 for cheap, I'll try it out. Right now (well, whenever I play video games anyhow) I'm going through Final Fantasy I. Told you I was an old 2D gamer. :)

Final Fantasy I?? Where on earth did you find that? Isn't that worth money these days as an antique? Ayeka is a FF freak by the way!

Hey, when it comes to RE, just let me know. I can send over RE 2 & 3 when you're ready. Since me and Haddsie having a baby, gaming has gone out the window. I got Medal of Honor for the PS2 on the day it came out...and it's still unwrapped. :ill:

Having said that, if I wasn't webmaster for us lot, I could squeeze in some gameplay if I wanted... :erk: ...priorities, priorities...

Man I'm sorry for hi-jacking this thread... but I love EVIL DEAD!!! Part 2 is my second favorite "horror" movie ever. My favorite is the Haunting, but that really doesn't have much to do with zombies. Army of Darkness is up there as well: "Be Smart, shop at S Mart." Classic.

Wait until I finish the lot of promos I have right now to snag RE2 & 3 from ya, but I appreciate the offer, and probably will take you up on it eventually. :)

Final Fantasy I & II got re-released on Playstation a month or two ago, that's the version I'm playing. Other than new graphics the game is pretty much the same, some character names have changed though (probably reverted back to the original Japanese version). I could probably find a copy of the original NES release though, Kmart carries a buttload of used games for cheap.

Medal of Honor? Isn't that several years old???

NAD said:
Man I'm sorry for hi-jacking this thread... but I love EVIL DEAD!!! Part 2 is my second favorite "horror" movie ever. My favorite is the Haunting, but that really doesn't have much to do with zombies. Army of Darkness is up there as well: "Be Smart, shop at S Mart." Classic.

Evil Dead 2 is one of the greatest horror movies of all time. It's weird though how they keep re-releasing Army of Darkness, which was the worst of the three....(but still great).

Bruce Campbell should be a superstar. How people like Ben Affleck make it, I'll never know. What a dick. But he is getting the booty of all booty's though. Hats off to the lad.:tickled:

Wait until I finish the lot of promos I have right now to snag RE2 & 3 from ya, but I appreciate the offer, and probably will take you up on it eventually. :)

Games aren't allowed to get in the way of reviewing. That's an RC rule by the way. I must have forgotten to mention that...*cough* :)

Medal of Honor? Isn't that several years old???

Well the original came out on the PSX years ago. And then part 2 came out. I'm talking about the PS2 version, which is only....several years old perhaps....oh dear oh dear....:ill:

I like it, but you know what? I preferred part 2! You know, they used the same concept of RofLD in Zombie 3 (the Fulci/Mattei semi-disaster) where the crematorium has infected bodies...some fine moments in Zombie 3 though for sure.

ROTLD 2 is a sentimental favorite of mine because I saw it before part 1. James Karen and Thom Matthews are friggin hilarious in that movie. I still love it, but I think part 1 is better. That dvd they released earlier this year is a godsend.

NAD - the best game series of all time is Resident Evil. I bought consoles just to play those games. Have you ever played RE?

I'm a video game nut, but I'm one of those people who refuse to play first person shooters. I just can't stand them.

Final Fantasy I & II got re-released on Playstation a month or two ago, that's the version I'm playing. Other than new graphics the game is pretty much the same, some character names have changed though (probably reverted back to the original Japanese version). I could probably find a copy of the original NES release though, Kmart carries a buttload of used games for cheap.

That was an awesome release for psx. Final Fantasy is a good series. I actually prefer the Dragon Warrior games though.

NAD said:

Alright you primitive fucks, this is my BOOMSTICK!! :D Yeah, I love the Evil Deads too - but my favourite is number one. It has a kind of low budget, tacky horror, appeal to me, which the others don't so much :)

But I like the comedy in the later ones so.. :cool:

bloodfiredeath said:
ROTLD 2 is a sentimental favorite of mine because I saw it before part 1. James Karen and Thom Matthews are friggin hilarious in that movie. I still love it, but I think part 1 is better. That dvd they released earlier this year is a godsend.
What about part 2 - any clue as to when it might see the light of day on DVD? How is it that I can find part 1 and 3, but not 2?

bloodfiredeath said:
Back to the zombies, has anyone heard of this movie coming out called Undead? What I've read, it sounds great. Check this out...

http://www.creature-corner.com/reviews/undead.php3

Oh man, I have wood. Undead looks so good - the effects look like the demons from Evil Dead with the white eyes et al.

That is one cool site, and it led me to http://www.allthingszombie.com/news.php#1054767651

WHAT THE FUCK????

DAY OF THE DEAD and Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE are getting re-released and on DOUBLE DVD DISC EDITIONS each? I am so there, so I'll sell my old versions.

Synopsis on Day of the Dead re-release:
Disc 1
• new DiviMax high-definition transfer, in 1.85:1, 16x9-enhanced widescreen.
• 6.1 DTS-ES and Dolby Digital Surround EX soundtracks
• audio commentary by George A. Romero, Tom Savini, production designer Cletus Anderson and star Lori Cardille, and a second commentary track by filmmaker Roger (KILLING ZOE) Avary. Disc 2
• The Many Days of DAY OF THE DEAD—An all-new 39-minute documentary featuring interviews with Romero, producer David Ball, Savini and makeup FX artist Greg Nicotero, Anderson, assistant director Chris Romero and actors Cardille, Joseph Pilato and Howard Sherman
• DAY OF THE DEAD: Behind The Scenes—31 minutes of production footage from Savini
• An audio interview with late actor Richard (Dr. Logan) Liberty
• A promotional video for the Wampum Mine location
• Theatrical trailers and TV spots
• Production stills and behind-the-scenes photos
• Zombie makeup photo and continuity stills galleries
• Posters and ad art
• Memorabilia gallery
• DVD-ROM features: Romero’s original draft of the screenplay and production memos

To top it off, it'll come with a 16-page booklet that looks like Dr. Logan’s notebook, which will contain liner notes and original production sketches from the film. Should be well worth the retail of $29.95!

WOOHOO!!:hotjump:

Russell said:
Alright you primitive fucks, this is my BOOMSTICK!! :D Yeah, I love the Evil Deads too - but my favourite is number one. It has a kind of low budget, tacky horror, appeal to me, which the others don't so much :)

But I like the comedy in the later ones so.. :cool:

I haven't bought part 1 yet - thinking that it's going to be re-released again. But they never have...

...is there like an 'ultimate edition' from any place round the world? I hear Holland and Spain have some of the best DVD movie editions.