When there's no more room in hell...

JayKeeley said:
You know, I'lk give Rob Zombie credit for having his heart in the right place at least. He's just not the greatest director. On paper, the idea behind House of 1000 Corpses worked, but on film, it just never clicked into place. There was too much mayhem to the point where it seemed so obviously forced and candid. Adding 20 minutes of 'more of the same' actually makes me want to see that version less.

Hehe, yeah, good point.. But hey, I'm gonna get it and see if it was just the atmosphere :) I didn't think his directing was that bad - especially considering he's primarily a musician. I liked the mayhem, it didn't feel over the top to me, but again, it may have been the setting..

JayKeeley said:
Here are some films I'm looking forward to:

Underworld - Kate Beckinsale...is there anyone more beautiful?
House of the Dead - I need to see that trailer...
Freddy v Jason - I know I'm late, and I don't care how good/bad it is, I need to see it on principle.
Van Helsing - for a laugh, but hearing it compared to The Mummy puts me off...more Beckinsale though!
Blade III - seems to be on a roll, with part II being better than part I - that's a rarity these days, but it depends on the director. Would be cool if it was Guillermo Del Toro again...

Underworld looked cool from the trailer, but very unoriginal.. I.e. it looked like a complete rip off of both The Matrix and The Crow! But I haven't seen it yet, so I'll shut up ;)

House Of The Dead is.. uuum.. BAD! The entire cinema was in stitches throughout, and it isn't a comedy,, But good fun ;)

I'm late with FVJ too, I really must see it.. the other two I'm not too fussed about.. But I do want to see Blade II as Guillermo Del Toro rocks my socks :)

Russell said:
Underworld looked cool from the trailer, but very unoriginal.. I.e. it looked like a complete rip off of both The Matrix and The Crow! But I haven't seen it yet, so I'll shut up ;)

You know it's based on Romeo and Juliet right?

House Of The Dead is.. uuum.. BAD! The entire cinema was in stitches throughout, and it isn't a comedy,, But good fun ;)

Yet ANOTHER videogame to movie transition that failed terribly. If memory serves me right, I don't think there is a single videogame-movie that turned out good....?

I'm late with FVJ too, I really must see it.. the other two I'm not too fussed about.. But I do want to see Blade II as Guillermo Del Toro rocks my socks :)

Guillermo Del Toro is a genius. Blade II is better than part I, and I hope to god he comes back to do part III. And I still have to hunt down a copy of Cronos....

JayKeeley said:
You know it's based on Romeo and Juliet right?

Nope, that's a new one on me! I think I'll have to go and see it :)

JayKeeley said:
Yet ANOTHER videogame to movie transition that failed terribly. If memory serves me right, I don't think there is a single videogame-movie that turned out good....?

Uuuuuum, I think I agree with you on that one ;)

JayKeeley said:
Guillermo Del Toro is a genius. Blade II is better than part I, and I hope to god he comes back to do part III. And I still have to hunt down a copy of Cronos....

Coooooool.. Tartan Terror have done a region 0 PAL release of Cronos, it shouldn't be too hard to track down!

Have you seen the Pang brothers' Bangkok Dangerous? If so any thoughts? I just got round to watching it yesterday :) I quite liked it, very well edited...

Russell said:
Coooooool.. Tartan Terror have done a region 0 PAL release of Cronos, it shouldn't be too hard to track down!

Excellent - I need to make a UK haul soon anyway. Actually, better still, I got my visa paperwork sorted at the INS today so it looks like I'll be in London in October!

Have you seen the Pang brothers' Bangkok Dangerous? If so any thoughts? I just got round to watching it yesterday :) I quite liked it, very well edited...

Not yet - although I would love to see it.

By the way, not sure if you bothered reading our Arch Enemy thread, but npearce mentioned that the last two Terrorizer magazines did some cool articles on Japan horror cinema. I'll try to track them down over here if you don't get that mag in the UK.

JayKeeley said:
Excellent - I need to make a UK haul soon anyway. Actually, better still, I got my visa paperwork sorted at the INS today so it looks like I'll be in London in October!

Not yet - although I would love to see it.

Hey, aren't you a UK citizen anyway? Or did you just spend time here, I get lost... Or maybe I never knew! :D

Anyway, I'm moving to London on the fourth of October, so if you wanna meet up for lunch or something just get in touch! If you still haven't seen it we could watch Bangkok Dangerous :tickled:

JayKeeley said:
By the way, not sure if you bothered reading our Arch Enemy thread, but npearce mentioned that the last two Terrorizer magazines did some cool articles on Japan horror cinema. I'll try to track them down over here if you don't get that mag in the UK.

Nope, I'm afraid I didn't read it, but I have those Terrorizer magazines.. They were informative - basically a short history of Japanese Extreme cinema! Nothing mind blowing or anything, but it filled in a few gaps in my knowledge about the earlier film series I've never had the chance to see :)

Russell said:
Hey, aren't you a UK citizen anyway? Or did you just spend time here, I get lost... Or maybe I never knew! :D

I am a UK citizen - the problem I have isn't about getting IN to the UK, it's about getting OUT to the US again, hehehe. As soon as those planes hit the towers, I knew my greencard application went right to the back of the line.

Anyway, I'm moving to London on the fourth of October

Say no more - I'll let you know when I'm coming over. I have a house in South London (near Wimbledon) - where are you moving to? Tell me you went with Southside posse. :D

They were informative - basically a short history of Japanese Extreme cinema! Nothing mind blowing or anything, but it filled in a few gaps in my knowledge...

Hmmm...well considering I read Dark Side, Rue Morgue, and Fangoria, I'm not sure if Terrorizer will teach me anything new then. If I see it, I'll give it a flick through.

Fran: WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY?

Peter: THEY'RE US, THAT'S ALL. THERE'S NO MORE
ROOM IN HELL.

Steve: WHAT?

Peter: SOMETHIN' MY GRANDADDY USED TO TELL US...YOU
KNOW MACUMBA? VOODOO... GRANDADDY WAS A PRIEST
IN TRINIDAD. USED TO TELL US...WHEN THERE'S NO
MORE ROOM IN HELL...THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH.

been reading the dawn script. . . yeah, i'm bored at the moment!

JayKeeley said:
I am a UK citizen - the problem I have isn't about getting IN to the UK, it's about getting OUT to the US again, hehehe. As soon as those planes hit the towers, I knew my greencard application went right to the back of the line.

Aha, that sucks! Well, good luck.. :D What do you have to do to get a green card visa anyway?

JayKeeley said:
Say no more - I'll let you know when I'm coming over. I have a house in South London (near Wimbledon) - where are you moving to? Tell me you went with Southside posse. :D.

Well, it depends what residencies they out me in, which they haven't let me know yet.. But the majority of Imperial's halls are in south kensington, chelsea and fulham :Smug:

I'll look forward to meeting you!

JayKeeley said:
Hmmm...well considering I read Dark Side, Rue Morgue, and Fangoria, I'm not sure if Terrorizer will teach me anything new then. If I see it, I'll give it a flick through.

Cool! It was good to see it get some coverage anyway.. Even if it is in a small metal magazine :)

JayKeeley said:

smbmovie_poster.jpg

You must be forgetting somethingy Mr.Keely!

bloodfiredeath said:
So what do you think of that Day of the Dead dvd?

It's beautiful. It's not until I saw this special edition that I realized how bad my existing copy print was.

The documentaries are nice too - cannot believe that Rhodes looks like that now. I mean, put on weight in your old age sure, but by all means, avoid the mullet man, avoid the fucking mullet.

JayKeeley said:
It's beautiful. It's not until I saw this special edition that I realized how bad my existing copy print was.

The documentaries are nice too - cannot believe that Rhodes looks like that now. I mean, put on weight in your old age sure, but by all means, avoid the mullet man, avoid the fucking mullet.
I love both of those documentaries. Man, George and Tom just tease the fuck out of us in the end of the one. Good gravy if that new movie actually happens it will be the movie event of the century!

The commentary is really good too.

The print looks so awesome, I agree in that I compared it to my old one which was total shite. Did you read about the audio problems on the disc? I honestly don't notice them at all.

Not a zombie movie, but I saw Cabin Fever last weekend. I liked it, though the two friends I was with totally hated it. The script was a little weak I'll admit, but it was well done and chock full of sex, violence, and gore. And it made me laugh. What more could I want?

NAD said:
Final Fantasy I & II got re-released on Playstation a month or two ago, that's the version I'm playing. Other than new graphics the game is pretty much the same, some character names have changed though (probably reverted back to the original Japanese version). I could probably find a copy of the original NES release though, Kmart carries a buttload of used games for cheap.
I only managed to play about 30 - 45 minutes of FF1 when I bought it...and pissed myself laughing for a fair bit of that ;) maybe a bit too old school for it's own good...

Interesting - probably going to tie in with the release of the remake perhaps?

By the way, although not set for release until 05, good news about the Dog Soldiers sequel, and I like the idea of Neil Marshall's Outpost too. Zombies on an oil rig? Why the heck not I say.