When there's no more room in hell...

bloodfiredeath said:
How much of that stuff has already been released on other versions?

Not sure - I have Evil Dead 2 when it first came out on DVD (so I don't even think I have commentary by Sam and Bruce). I have the 'paper bag' bootleg version of Army of Darkness - it was a cheapie at $8. I've never owned the first Evil Dead!

I'm hesitant because my multi region doesn't play PAL discs properly.

Really? What issues do you have? I sometimes get about 8 or 9 pixel dropout in the top widescreen bar, but it's negligible.

Also, the fact that Anchor Bay put it out would lead me to believe that it will come out here at some point.

Probably...but when? A year from now? This trilogy boxset isn't even listen on the anchor bay website. Fuggedaboutit.

NOTES ON THE SUBJECT:

**zombie movies rule
**romero is a god
**best films:
dawn, day, night, return, dead alive, zombie, the beyond
**return2 sucks donkey balls. however, it is a favorite of my friends and i to watch after smoking pot. it's so bad that it's actually enjoyable (at times)
**livingdead4 will rule. make no mistake. the dvd will be unrated
**the day reissue kicks all out booty. packaging, documentary, film quality, etc. was worth the wait
**dawn director's cut! (this is for jaykeely, hint hint)

these are the facts as we know it. . .

You also forgot JUNK you fool. That's the best zombie flick since Day of the Dead.

If memory serves me right, I really enjoyed Return 2 - but that was yeeeears ago. It may have dated but I have fond memories.

Yes, hint taken. :lol: List is on its way any day now....

Hey - anybody here into the CANNIBAL shit? Did I ask this already on some thread? Anyway, any fans of Ruggero Deodato and his flicks like Jungle or Cannibal Holocaust?

You have to own Junk. Seriously - the Japanese rule:

A successful government experiment sets the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]stage[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]for an onslaught of angry, flesh-eating zombies[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]in this fast-paced, thrill ride from Japan. Four amateur thieves rob[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]a jewelry store and[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]make[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]a deal with the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]local Yakuza[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]to sell their stolen jewels. The meeting place is[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]an old abandoned military base on[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]outskirts of Tokyo. It isn't long before the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]group is[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]attacked by[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]reanimated dead. The Yakuza show up[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]to buy the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]jewels with the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]expectations of completing their illegal transaction. Once there, they’re faced with the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]same problem[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]as the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]thieves had[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]to contend with hordes of the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]undead with[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]a taste[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]for human flesh. The military realizes there's absolute chaos at the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]abandoned military base, so they decide[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]to try their hand against the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]zombies,[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]in an unbelievably bloody finale that will make horror action fans squeal with delight. Director Atsushi Muroga does an outstanding job paying homage[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]to the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]classics such[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]as Dawn of the[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]Dead, Zombie, Re-Animator and[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=-1]i[/size][/font]Reservoir Dogs.

Black Winter Day said:
the question remains.......where in the hell can i find this film on region1????

Unearthed Films released it here. I bought mine off ebay for $20, but it looks like they sell them on their site too.

I like Junk, but I don't think I love it like JayKeeley does. If you love zombie movies, then yeah, it's a must, but it doesn't rank with me as best ever or anywhere close.

bloodfiredeath said:
Unearthed Films released it here. I bought mine off ebay for $20, but it looks like they sell them on their site too.

You can also get it anywhere now - amazon, dvdempire, best buy - it's on general release on region 1....it's easy to find this.

I like Junk, but I don't think I love it like JayKeeley does. If you love zombie movies, then yeah, it's a must, but it doesn't rank with me as best ever or anywhere close.

OK let me clarify it in my list of Zombie movies. I see two Tier groups in my Zombie films. The Tier 1 grouping is as follows (#1 being my fave):

1 - Day of the Dead
2 - Dawn of the Dead
3 - Night of the Living Dead
4 - Zombie (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters )
5 - The Beyond

#4 & 5 are probably tied because I don't know which of the two have a better nihilistic ending - the depiction of the corpses entering Manhattan over Brooklyn Bridge (Zombie) or the final entrance to the Gate of Hell (The Beyond)....

The Tier 2 grouping contains the following (#1 being my fave):

1 - Junk
2 - Return of the Living Dead
3 - Versus
4 - Wild Zero
5 - Dead Alive
6 - Zombie Holocaust (aka Dr Butcher MD)
7 - Hell of the Living Dead (Bruno Mattei)
8 - Resident Evil
9 - Misc....(probably forgetting something significant)

Also, films like Nightmare City, City of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Reanimator, Evil Dead, & Frankenstein are not included in my list because I don't think of them as strict Zombie movies. Although they depict reanimation of the dead, they 'aint fucking Romero style!

Thoughts?

JayKeeley said:
Thoughts?

I don't really consider The Beyond a zombie movie. To say that is and Re-Animator isn't... well... I don't think either are but Re-Animator is closer.

My Tier 1 would have 6 movies:

1. Dawn of the Dead
2. Day of the Dead
3. Night of the Living Dead
4. Night of the Living Dead (Savini remake)
5. Zombie
6. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie

I really want to put Return of the Living Dead on that list too, I guess it's kind of a floater between Tier 1 and 2. My Tier 2 would pretty much have the same movies as yours, but including Return of the Living Dead 2 and 3, and Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

bloodfiredeath said:
I don't really consider The Beyond a zombie movie. To say that is and Re-Animator isn't... well... I don't think either are but Re-Animator is closer.

I know what you're saying, but the last 20 minutes of The Beyond is pure zombie greatness. Some of the best Zombie sequences put to film, and the music is ultra-cool. Re-animator had none of that from the Romero world.

...including Return of the Living Dead 2...

Yeah I always put 1&2 together for some reason. Part 3 I can live without.

yeah with needles and shit through them...i prefer tits to be unpunctured thank you.

By the way, where's your signature gone? This new one sucks because I have to keep watching out for people to walk past my desk....!

Black Winter Day said:
ok, i'll make one of my ass and put it in my sig. . .

well, if i did that, too many would want to sodomize me. . .

The same people who would want to do that are already salivating over your clean little fingers and manicured nails.

And if you're trying to flip the bird, then it might help if you're actually flipping it toward the camera, as opposed to providing an 'inviting' finger gesture to all of those aforementioned folk who might want to sit on it.

it works better from the perspective of instant messenger. when i send it on there, one can infer that i am, from such perspective, flipping off the person i am talking to indirectly.

but you caught me. i wanted you to sit on my finger, jaykeely. i can feel the erotic gaywaves emanating from your post. . . and i turn you down. sorry!

ASSCLOWN!

:D