When there's no more room in hell...

I know that there is a special Book of the Dead version of part 1 (I think), but for $35 I want more than just a cool looking box. Other than that I have just seen the various versions that don't have many special features or anything. They should release a trilogy boxset, all I have are the $5.99 VHS editions. :)

Never got much of a chance with Dragon Warrior, last one I played was part I. Damn yous Metal Slime!!!

JayKeeley said:
I haven't bought part 1 yet - thinking that it's going to be re-released again. But they never have...

...is there like an 'ultimate edition' from any place round the world? I hear Holland and Spain have some of the best DVD movie editions.

Well, as NAD said there's a book of the dead version which has a cool rubber box thingey, and it's got all the extra features the anchor bay release has (which aren't too bad).. :)

Yeah, I had heard that Anchor Bay was going to do Day of the Dead right on dvd. That set looks awesome. Supposedly they are supposed to come out with the definitely Dawn dvd after that (I heard like 4 discs or something).

Zombie dvd sound great too.

NAD said:
I know that there is a special Book of the Dead version of part 1 (I think), but for $35 I want more than just a cool looking box. Other than that I have just seen the various versions that don't have many special features or anything. They should release a trilogy boxset, all I have are the $5.99 VHS editions. :)

The packaging is awesome, but the dvd is crap. If you can find the Special Edition Evil Dead dvd that Elite put out, I would get that.

The book of the dead version is hyped as being 'wide screen,' but the movie was shot full frame. I did a side by side comparison of several frames in the movie, and all they did for the book of the dead version was put black bars on the top and bottom. So in fact, you are seeing less with the 'wide screen' version. Fucking retarded.

bloodfiredeath said:
The book of the dead version is hyped as being 'wide screen,' but the movie was shot full frame. I did a side by side comparison of several frames in the movie, and all they did for the book of the dead version was put black bars on the top and bottom. So in fact, you are seeing less with the 'wide screen' version. Fucking retarded.

Ok, maybe it isn't the same as the Anchor Bay release.. :tickled:

bloodfiredeath said:
Supposedly they are supposed to come out with the definitely Dawn dvd after that (I heard like 4 discs or something).

Oh man - how much more stuff can they find?? Not that I'm complaining. I love hearing news like this. And I'm also glad the pertition worked for RotLD2.

bloodfiredeath said:
The packaging is awesome, but the dvd is crap. If you can find the Special Edition Evil Dead dvd that Elite put out, I would get that.

Elite version it is then. So are you saying that there is NO widescreen version of Evil Dead since the original footage was shot in full? Wasn't it at least filmed in 16mm?

JayKeeley said:
Elite version it is then. So are you saying that there is NO widescreen version of Evil Dead since the original footage was shot in full? Wasn't it at least filmed in 16mm?

Evil Dead was shot on 16 millimeter. A 1.66:1 ratio would have been a better choice than 1.85:1. It's definitely overmatted in this version.

You can tell that the book of the dead version is slightly wider, but the chopped off top and bottom is not worth it. I have never heard Raimi comment on this, and I am definitely curious of what he thinks. Bottom line though, I've watched both and I think the full frame version that the Elite disc has is far better looking. The extras are pretty much the same on both. Plus, the Elite disc is dirt cheap right now.

The funny thing is, I knew this and I bought the book of the dead anyways and now have both. Why? Because the packaging is so fucking sweet. Who doesn't want that on their coffee table?

Yeah that packaging is pretty kickass, but what a ripoff!!! Black boxes = widescreen!?!? I'll make sure to grab the Elite version.

NAD said:
Yeah that packaging is pretty kickass, but what a ripoff!!! Black boxes = widescreen!?!? I'll make sure to grab the Elite version.
You know, you may all kick my ass for saying this, but I thought the packaging was pretty lame. It would have been cooler if it was an actual book, and cooler still if the face on the front cover didn't look like a smiley Basket Case.

OK zombie fans, name the movie:
arrowreanimator.jpg

The zombie movie survival quiz:
http://quizilla.com/users/sidhedreams/quizzes/The Zombie Movie Survival Quiz/

I can't actually see the image....but let me guess....er....Reanimator?

That quiz is pretty funny - Raccoon City here I come. Woohoo!

1040722529_uiz_badass.jpg

Francesco Dellamorte is your name, and killing
zombies is your game. Living at Buffalora
Cemetery, where the dead rise quite frequently,
you know how to take care of zombies. Yes, you
are definitely a bad ass. Too bad your sexy
model girlfriend is a zombie.

[size=-1]The Zombie Movie Survival Quiz[/size]
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]

JayKeeley said:
I can't actually see the image....but let me guess....er....Reanimator?

Bastardo! When I previewed my post I could see it, now nothing. And no fair looking at the URL for the answer.

You got the same score on that quiz as me. :loco:

haddsie said:
Bastardo! When I previewed my post I could see it, now nothing. And no fair looking at the URL for the answer.

You got the same score on that quiz as me. :loco:

Me sneaky.

You know this image of Rupert Everett is from Dellamorte Dellamore - it's the DVD we haven't watched yet because it only works on the DVD player upstairs for some reason. Supposed to be excellent.

bloodfiredeath said:
Got the brand new 2 disc special edition of Day of the Dead today. I watched alot of the extras, which were great, and scanned through the disc. The print looks glorious.

Fuck me - I thought it was coming out on August 26th? Holy crap, I must own this now. Where did you order yours man?

JayKeeley said:
Fuck me - I thought it was coming out on August 26th? Holy crap, I must own this now. Where did you order yours man?

didn't order it. I was about to buy it from Best Buy for $20, but found out that Target is selling it for $16. So I went there yesterday and got it...

Looking for a reason to buy a multi-format DVD player? I'm ordering this tonight...

pic2_1058.jpeg

Disc 1 – Evil Dead
Audio Commentary with writer/director Sam Raimi and producer Robert Tapert

Commentary with star Bruce Campbell

Talent Bios for Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert

Theatrical Trailer

TV Spots

Fan Analyses

Discovering Evil Dead – featurette

Outtakes and deleted Scenes

Photo and still Gallery containing 137 stills

1 Easter egg

Presentation 1:85:1 enhanced for 16 x 9 TVs

Dolby 5.1 surround

Digital Surround 6.1 DTS-ES

2.0 Dolby Surround (French and English)

Disc 2 – Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn

Audio Commentary with Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert, Bruce Campbell

Trailer

Making Of … featurette

Disc 3 – Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness
15 minutes of additional footage including the original ending

Audio Commentary with Sam, Bruce and Ivan

x 4 never-before-seen deleted scenes

Director’s storyboards

Widescreen Presentation enhanced for 16 x 9 TVs

Disc 4
The Evil Dead -- 1.33:1 Full Screen Unmatted Version
Featurette -- The Living Love the Dead

Featurette -- Dead Good Marketing

Featurette -- Bruce Campbell: Geek or God?

The Incredibly Strange Film Show

Antihero -- Evil Dead inspired Music Video

2.0 Dolby Stereo

Optional 5.1 Stereo

Digital Surround 6.1 DTS-ES

How much of that stuff has already been released on other versions? I'm hesitant because my multi region doesn't play PAL discs properly. Also, the fact that Anchor Bay put it out would lead me to believe that it will come out here at some point.