Which Region/Country make the best Death Metal?

Which Region/Country make the best Death Metal?

• USA

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Canada

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • South America

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • UK

• Sweden

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Finland

• Norway

• Germany

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Poland

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Africa

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Charubic Murder said:
The US had the innovaters as well as quite a few very good death metal bands at the present.
No, Germany started the growls and brought in the most Nihilism and took Death Metal to a new level. Germany still rules Death Metal with bands like Fleshcrawl and Obscenity.

Profånity said:
No, Germany started the growls and brought in the most Nihilism and took Death Metal to a new level. Germany still rules Death Metal with bands like Fleshcrawl and Obscenity.
Germany started the growling vocals, but they were growling to thrash metal in bands like Kreator, Sodom, and Destruction. They did not start death metal (though that would have been cool since I'm 100% German). I guess you can say that Germany developed a more aggressive style of thrash compared to the 80s bay area sound, and that this style of aggressive thrash had a great influence on the evolution death metal.

Profånity said:
Germany have ruled Death Metal because Death Metal is all about Nihilism and German Death Metal is the most Nihilistic both lyrically and musically.
Really? That's an interesting observation. Could you give some examples, now that you peaked my interest? There doesn't seem to be a very big death metal scene in Germany at the moment; the only German death metal bands I know of are Fleshcrawl, Profanity, and Necrophagist. And I'd be eager to learn about more German death metal bands.

np: Fleshcrawl - Soulskinner

I'm mostly into the American death metal bands like Obituary and Dying Fetus for example. Well, I haven't heard much death metal that is outside of the states. I've heard some Fleshcrawl but I didn't think they're as great as most of you say they are. I didn't know they were German until you all typed it out for me so. And yeah, I love some German thrash metal like Kreator and Sodom.

I think the highest standard of deathmetal-quality is to be found in Poland. With bands such as Vader, Decapitated, Behemoth, Lost Soul, Dies Irae, Yattering etc. - who all delivers high-quality deathmetal I must go for it!

US of A is a close second; they problaly have more bands, but also a lot of released crap, which is not to be heard elsewhere.

Denmark, maybe because Im a Dane, is third, because some of my very best deathmetal offerings are Danish. Bands like Iniquity, (old) Illdisposed, Exmortem, Hatesphere, Urkraft, Beyond Reality, Compos Mentis, Corpus Mortale, Infernal Torment, JEEL (Jeg Er En Lampe), Koldborn, Konkhra, Mercenary, Thorium, Usipian, Withering Surface and Zenith among others :) - all rule the shiznit!!! Please check them out if you like death!

So:

1. Poland
2. USA
3. Denmark (and the rest of Scandinavia for that sake:))