Who "also" hates Hip Hop???

Rap is to Hip Hop as Sex is to True Love.

I forgot who said that... Probably Common. But most of these people who down talk the Hip Hop genre have heard no further than this radio garbage. But really, I supose there's nothing I can do. For a long time I down talked hip hop. I missed out on a lot of music that I could have enjoyed for years rather than missing out for most of my life. Always keep an open mind, you'll find many wonderful things. But don't keep your head too open or your brain might fall out.

That quote is elitist. A lot of these so-called conscious rappers are actually less creative poetically than gangster rappers.

2Pac is an incredible rapper. Two of his albums, Me Against the World and All Eyez on Me are full-fledged classics, even outside the rap genre. He had a total mastery of flow and intonation. Musically speaking, the songs on these albums are much more interesting than mindless and meandering death metal or black metal progressions.

2Pac is an incredible rapper. Two of his albums, Me Against the World and All Eyez on Me are full-fledged classics, even outside the rap genre. He had a total mastery of flow and intonation.
I don't know about "total mastery of flow and intonation", but yes, Tupac was a million times more solid as a rapper than 100% of mainstream and most underground rappers...

Musically speaking, the songs on these albums are much more interesting than mindless and meandering death metal or black metal progressions.
nope...
Musically speaking, the songs on these albums are much more interesting than mindless and meandering death metal or black metal progressions IMO.
agreed 100% :)

Tupac's had only the best producers work with him, and spent countless time in the recording studio, he was a true perfectionist etc etc...

Some other very solid rappers, B.G., Bun B, Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Nas, AZ, Big L (RIP), Rakim, Scarface, Mos Def...

Eminem sucks, seriously. He is the rap equivalent to Korn... He is such a poseur, getting rich off of being above-averagely witty, and cashing in on the mediocreness in rap that was left in the wake of BIG and Tupac's death.
period.

Eminem sucks, seriously. He is the rap equivalent to Korn... He is such a poseur, getting rich off of being above-averagely witty, and cashing in on the mediocreness in rap that was left in the wake of BIG and Tupac's death.
period.

just above this post you pull up someone for not stating that it is only in THEIR opinion then you make a statement like that, your a fucking dumbass, seriously.

Benighted1 has taken the time out of his busy homosexual lifestyle to come to the Opeth forum to start a flame war, and that he shall have... :heh:

bh, I have much better tastes