Any hip Hop fans?

You gotta have a good beat/melody for the backing track first of all. Then you have to have good poetry and a nice flow.

Thing is, most mainstream songs have neither and slobs like me cannot be arsed to seek out anything better. ^^

And most german rap/hiphop is on an embarrasingly low level musically, which does not help its case.

I watched this whole special on rap and R n B music. It almost all blows if you ask me, but what pisses me off is that THEY and their fans consider them artists. 99% of these rappers SAMPLE SONGS! they all steal drum beats, and then sample other sounds from real ARTISTS who put their soul into their music and dub it their own creation. Then they have the gull to get pissed off when bands come after them and take them to court. PLAGERISM! come the fuck on anybody could learn a music program and simply cut and paste using an array of differnt songs to make something catchy. I guess this is more a spill on how I don't consider them artists at all. Now a days because of copywrite issues they have to create their own stuff, but you have 10 guys writing drum beats, while the man dude just comes in and raps over the beats, and yet he's the guy that gets the credit for being a musical genius, and yes there are some exceptions, some rappers do have talent, i like some, but very little rap.

Deftones rap? that's more of a disgrace than calling them nu-metal. I love deftones mellow and heavy stuff, but mostly their mellow stuff, teenager, passenger, RX Queen, Digital Bath, Cherry Waves, Beware, etc

I remember Chino saying how they invented Nu-metal, not Korn.

Why do I remember this...

Oh and that Snoop Dogg song where he raps over Johnny Cash is disgraceful. Same with the dum dum that rapped over Black Sabbath.

lol Hip hop is badly represented here in america i cant even understand how badly hip hop is represented in Europe. I bet yall hear the worse of the worse. Same thing with metal here, Metalcore and Deathcore is running wild. All everyone say is "all metal is just noise all". I had to listen to Europe's metal like Insomnium, Dark Tranquillity, and Hypocrisy till i start getting into metal (can't really stand thrash all that much, which is pretty mainstream here). TBH most metal (bar daylight dies) over here in America's underground metal focuses on either being crazy heavy(with a catchy chorus) or crazy technical . Some more Army of the Pharoahs.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol Hip hop is badly represented here in america i cant even understand how badly hip hop is represented in Europe. I bet yall hear the worse of the worse. Same thing with metal here, Metalcore and Deathcore is running wild. All everyone say is "all metal is just noise all". I had to listen to Europe's metal like Insomnium, Dark Tranquillity, and Hypocrisy till i start getting into metal (can't really stand thrash all that much, which is pretty mainstream here). TBH most metal (bar daylight dies) over here in America's underground metal focuses on either being crazy heavy(with a catchy chorus) or crazy technical . Some more Army of the Pharoahs.

There are some good metal bands from USA. Agalloch (awsome), Tool (fekking amazing), Mastodon (amazing), Novembers Doom (allright), Isis (fucking fantastic), Neurosis (great) hmm... I could go on a while but there are alot of great American bands aswell.

I remember Chino saying how they invented Nu-metal, not Korn.

Why do I remember this...

Oh and that Snoop Dogg song where he raps over Johnny Cash is disgraceful. Same with the dum dum that rapped over Black Sabbath.

I would be fine with that . . . if Chino says they invented nu-metal, then to me they are the best of NU-Metal, I still consider them far beyond that though, just like Opeth is far beyond just Death. Korn sucks ass.

America metal i do think sucks mostly, TOOL wouldn't really be very metal in my opinion, but I guess that's the closest genre to put them in. I can't stand ISIS at all. The dude's vocals ruin His growls are weak and the music is mediocre. His growls are weak.

The 90's were america's peak in metal, as was it's HIP-HOP/rap.

Ummm...Man...American Metal, lemme teach you all:

Death, Possessed, Vio-Lence, Exodus, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Dark Angel, Order From Chaos, Solitude Aeturnus, Absu, Autopsy, Saint Vitus, Macabre, Trouble, Incantation, Immolation, Type O Negative, Drawn And Quartered, Morbid Angel, Anvil Chorus, Slauter Xtroyes, Jag Panzer, Satan's Host, Destructor, Deceased...so on so forth.

What I love about America is that there is a very wide variety in metal, compared to places like UK(where to me, the thing I think of first is NWOBHM) and Sweden(Swedish Death Metal).

Then again, I think most people here enjoy the "melodic" aspect of Metal more than the Aggressive(Death, Black, Trash) side.

America metal i do think sucks mostly, TOOL wouldn't really be very metal in my opinion, but I guess that's the closest genre to put them in. I can't stand ISIS at all. The dude's vocals ruin His growls are weak and the music is mediocre. His growls are weak.

The 90's were america's peak in metal, as was it's HIP-HOP/rap.

I for one think the vocals in Isis are great. Their latest album Wavering Radiant is a masterpice and the album before that (In the Absence of Truth) is really great aswell. But before those two albums they were kind of dull. They have stepped away from being this kind of dull sludge(?) band and have transformed into pure awsomeness. Even if you dont like the vocals you cant deny that the music is great.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3NkhjsBf0&feature=related[/ame]

What about Agalloch?

Cynic?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdwrOESDXxo&feature=related[/ame]

Wolves In The Throne Room?

Mastodon?

Come on there are alot of great American bands.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Atheist? :)

Nonono, bad generalization.. there's good american metal.

There's bound to be good american hiphop too, but as already pointed out, I can't be bothered.

First of all, one can't say that a musical genre is garbage. Like all genres there "are" good songs you just have to discover them. The first link to the song "Sadistik" is not just hip hop. If you check their myspace it also says in the genre "Experimental/Indie" That's maybe why that song is a good example. Some hip hop songs have nice melody and effects such as Lose Yourself and it differs from hip hop, having textures from other genres.. We could categorize Beat It that way too. It's not just "pop". 98% of pop is rubbish. Mainstream and only for money, not an art. Music is art and that meant to be art.. I have talked about blending styles. However, that's a whole another story. Because there are some styles like nu-metal.. There is a slight difference. Main musical genres with small glimpses of other genres, like trip-hop influence in Unfurl. Like shoegaze feelings, post-rock infleunces in some alternative rock, metal bands. This goes on and on. The difference is totally mixing two styles. Rap-Rock, Nu-metal... they don't have the "depth" and quality I think. I'm telling this because if a rap song is bad I don't care however when people listen to these nu-metal bands and think and act as a rock-metal listener then saying things like Linkin Park is the best metal band ever, Evanescence is the best "gothic" metal band and such things makes me mad.. They are like a stain for rock music. That's what we should argue about, not rap being bad and hip hop is trash because whether they are good or not they don't affect rock, do no harm..

so basically, what youre saying is, no musicstyle is crap (like hiphop) unless you combine them to try to create a new musicstyle, then it is crap (like nu-metal).

Unless the metal society of oldschool rockers say it is good. then it is not crap any more (like indie experimental hiphop).

And also, if you listen to bands that are popular, play distorted and semi heavy, and use metal estethics (like Evanescense), you can not claim to listen to metal.
unless they are oldschool and/or sound oldschool, and is accepted by the metal society of oldschool rockers.

so basically, what youre saying is, no musicstyle is crap (like hiphop) unless you combine them to try to create a new musicstyle, then it is crap (like nu-metal).

Unless the metal society of oldschool rockers say it is good. then it is not crap any more (like indie experimental hiphop).

And also, if you listen to bands that are popular, play distorted and semi heavy, and use metal estethics (like Evanescense), you can not claim to listen to metal.
unless they are oldschool and/or sound oldschool, and is accepted by the metal society of oldschool rockers.

I didn't say anything like if you mix two styles together they suck. I said it becomes more complex and usually fails. That genres are the best examples. When you add other influences from other genres to your music it creates a unique sound. That's what I am saying. That's the difference.

Sorry, I didn't get what you meant what you said about Evanescence...

whoa guys maybe i should clear it up, when i was talking about america's underground metal scene i meant a huge chunk of the modern day metalscene(P.S. underoath + hundreds of other christian metalcore bands)

I must admit, since the inception of my badass stereo I have delved into some rap shit. Eminem is really the only rap Im liking so far...and likely because he grew up in Detroit...about 15 minutes from where I live...and he is just clever. Really I have been disappointed in sound quality in almost all the music I normally listen to. It is so rare to find a really quality recording...something you can really crank and have it sound good. My stereo can handle alot...and rap seems the only thing that can handle my stereo.

Dodheimsgards last cd is probably the most crankable insane metal shit ever...

anywhoo...
There is no shit genre...people listen to different shit for different reasons.
Why are people arguing over opinion...rofl HILARIOUS!