BAAWWW ABOUT BLACK METAL THREAD

Musically, they sound like a friendly version of Dimmu Borgir, which isn't basically something enjoyable. They have no creativity, they rip everything fom gothic metal, they can't play properly live, and they sound more and more like In Flames. They have something like 3 good songs in their whole repertory. Dani's voice is nothing but funny. They should forget their punk influence. Their production is terrible, I don't even think their albums are mastered.

Physically, since they look like Marilyn Manson without the integrity and the Bowiesque side. Their videos are lame, you can't just put a girl running in the snow and say it's poetic.

And I don't speak about the Jawbreaker incident.

I really hate Dani's vocals.

Yeah, but you also want to bring people back from the dead and say that they are the best musicians in the world of all time.

Musically, they sound like a friendly version of Dimmu Borgir, which isn't basically something enjoyable. They have no creativity, they rip everything fom gothic metal, they can't play properly live, and they sound more and more like In Flames. They have something like 3 good songs in their whole repertory. Dani's voice is nothing but funny. They should forget their punk influence. Their production is terrible, I don't even think their albums are mastered.

Physically, since they look like Marilyn Manson without the integrity and the Bowiesque side. Their videos are lame, you can't just put a girl running in the snow and say it's poetic.

And I don't speak about the Jawbreaker incident.

Jawbreaker? And also, their videos.. the just suck because you force yourself into that they suck. I mean, sure they are not the best damn videos out there for sure but think that you and so many other people are too judgemental about them, or am I wrong?

Their videos are lame, you can't just put a girl running in the snow and say it's poetic.

:lol:

Damn, I didn't notice that until now :lol: That reminds me that most of metal music videos are really horrible. It's like using the same idea all over again.

Yeah, but you also want to bring people back from the dead and say that they are the best musicians in the world of all time.

Eh, what that has to do with this?

Cradle of Filth are the perfect example of a band that sucks so bad that they can't even successfully sell out.

German BM :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t90UVbA8jVU&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBG6f1MjyOQ&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. The have been and is still indeed.

They had some good stuff in the past (although it does tend to get a bit repetitive at times) but they started sucking musically big time sometime after Nymphetamine. I have to agree about the influences from gothic metal (brutal ripoff), but disagree on the voice. I actually like Dani's vocals >__>

Never been a big fan of their music, but some of their videos are pretty fucking awesome. From Cradle to Enslave is one of the best metal videos I've seen. But Dani does have a pretty pathetic small man complex :lol:

That said, I'm not sure why we're even talking about them in a BM thread :erk:

@DHG Cool links, although the third one sounds weird as hell. I guess there are a bunch of decent German BM bands around, just not as popular (or maybe I just wasn't looking for them). Personally, I've been a fan of the French BM scene.

They had some good stuff in the past (although it does tend to get a bit repetitive at times) but they started sucking musically big time sometime after Nymphetamine. I have to agree about the influences from gothic metal (brutal ripoff), but disagree on the voice. I actually like Dani's vocals >__>

Never been a big fan of their music, but some of their videos are pretty fucking awesome. From Cradle to Enslave is one of the best metal videos I've seen. But Dani does have a pretty pathetic small man complex :lol:

That said, I'm not sure why we're even talking about them in a BM thread :erk:

I think that both Thornography and Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder sounds good indeed but maybe that is because I like cradles style after all... the vocals, sound and lyrics. Maybe that does not make it to hard to like it, what do I know..

All I really know is that I like cradle and borgir also for that matter nomatter how "sellout" or not black metal they may be, because it sounds good! But what is Dimmu borgirs genre if not BM? I'm curious.

Just listen

Vinder Fra en Enson Grav

And yes, I a aware of that it's not the old version of it. But I think it sounds good and that's what matters for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. The have been and is still indeed.

They're the BM equivalent of a scene band (yes I know Cradle is not BM but they're erroneously regarded as such).

But what is Dimmu borgirs genre if not BM? I'm curious.

Just listen

Vinder Fra en Enson Grav
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFWuDLGHT-U

And yes, I a aware of that it's not the old version of it. But I think it sounds good and that's what matters for me.

The only "Black metal" albums they've put out are the first two. after that it's symphonic extreme metal. And after EDT, it's shitty symphonic extreme metal.

The only "Black metal" albums they've put out are the first two. after that it's symphonic extreme metal. And after EDT, it's shitty symphonic extreme metal.

Or just plain shit.

^_^

Can't but agree. Cradles are OK, but I pretty much hate Borgir after the first few albums.

Morgul is what I like my sympho BM to sound like.

Both bands have some interesting ideas but fail to make good music with them.
Emperor, Obtained Enslavement and Mirrorthrone make good symphonic BM.