Bands Like Katatonia

Surely anathema,paradise lost and novembre sounds like Katatonia.But i have to indicate that none of these preety bands effected me like katatonia.sometimes anathema can be fascinating but never makes the same affect as katatonia makes.A 'for my demons' or a 'sweet nurse'...Would you tell me a band which prepares a few effective songs like mentioned above?Exactly not...

Brave Murder Day. I love it. Something more like this? Here it is.
Must have!!!

Valkiria - Of Dreams And Pain (2007)
Valkiria - Blood On Blood (2006)
Valkiria - Epika (2005)

officially free download!

http://www.valkiria.cjb.net/

track 02 Inside the dream from Of Dreams And Pain (2007) is better i think
check it.

I'm a huge fan of Epika, but I didn't like the other albums so much. Good rec though!

I like it. Though - no offence, but - it would be better with only clean vocals.

well Death Metal vocals aren't always for everyone. We do have some songs within our new material which we are starting to record next month which has only clean vocals. We are going for a whole new perspective with the new stuff. Its going to be more emotional and in depth. Now that we have Voyager Guitarist Simone Dow in the band we can raise the bar musically so to speak.

well Death Metal vocals aren't always for everyone. We do have some songs within our new material which we are starting to record next month which has only clean vocals. We are going for a whole new perspective with the new stuff. Its going to be more emotional and in depth. Now that we have Voyager Guitarist Simone Dow in the band we can raise the bar musically so to speak.
I like death vox. Just thought it sounded better with clean vocals to your particular style.

I dont't really want to nag about this. Just wanted to specify what i meant.

Check out LYCANTHIA from Australia.They have their own forum on this board and here is their myspace if ya wanna check out some audio.:)

LYCANTHIA1.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/lycanthia

And their female singers are dressed up like 14 years old gothic addicts....
Looks like shit so it probably sounds like as well. :puke:

Very constructive opinion.
Also half the bands mentioned in this thread don't sound like KATATONIA yet may have some influence's from them and cross over in sound that might appeal to KATATONIA fans. Also KATATONIA's first album and latest don't even sound like the same band so how direct do you expect an influenced act to be?