Best bands of your country

Orfanos said:
Pokolgep are great, but I think Ossian are better.

Ossian does produce too much filler in their current albums, while Pokolgép has kept pretty good standards for the new stuff. And while I think that Ossian is riding with the past glories, Pokolgép is actually doing something worthwhile with their current releases.

AdamCymru86 said:
Right then best Welsh metal,

erm none apart from Desecration and although not my cup of tea some of Hecate Enthroned are from Wrexham. Other than them two its shite like Bullet For My Valentine, Funeral For A Friend and Lostprophets.

Good thing I'm only half-Welsh. I know of many great German metal bands (the other 50% of my lineage), but more specifically, what are some good Bohemian metal bands (as that is where my German ancestry origionates from)?

This is "best bands of your country" thread so Lordi should get the fuck out of your short list. Btw, nothing like a good Alexi ava eh? Not.

jpmuikku said:
Ossian does produce too much filler in their current albums, while Pokolgép has kept pretty good standards for the new stuff. And while I think that Ossian is riding with the past glories, Pokolgép is actually doing something worthwhile with their current releases.

I agree that Pokolgep show a big progress in their new albums. I like Joe Rudan more than Joszef Kalapacs and the songwriting now is mature. A Tulelo and Te Sem Vagy Mas are really great modern metal albums and recommended to everyone here.

For Ossian... I don't think that they have fillers in their new stuff. They still compose great songs, but it's sure that their latter CDs sound the same as the other (from Femzene and then).

Anyway, the fact is that both Pokolgep and Ossian are worth listening bands, even for non-hungarian fans. I also like Pandoras Box and Obstruction very much and I will try Wisdom too. :)

AdamCymru86 said:
Right then best Welsh metal,

erm none apart from Desecration and although not my cup of tea some of Hecate Enthroned are from Wrexham, Funeral Fo. Other than them two its shite like Bullet For My Valentiner A and LostprophetsFriend .

Hmmmm. Other than Charlotte Churches tits, has anything good ever come from Wales???

I live in South Carolina, United States. The best band in the country lives up the road from my house - Nile.

Orfanos said:
I agree that Pokolgep show a big progress in their new albums. I like Joe Rudan more than Joszef Kalapacs and the songwriting now is mature. A Tulelo and Te Sem Vagy Mas are really great modern metal albums and recommended to everyone here.

For Ossian... I don't think that they have fillers in their new stuff. They still compose great songs, but it's sure that their latter CDs sound the same as the other (from Femzene and then).

Anyway, the fact is that both Pokolgep and Ossian are worth listening bands, even for non-hungarian fans. I also like Pandoras Box and Obstruction very much and I will try Wisdom too. :)

Yeah, but the problem is that I can't find any of their fucking albums. By the way, if you know any other bands in a similar vein to Pokolgep and Ossian, please feel free to share.

No mentions of Wrest (Leviathan), which is sad seeing as how he is pretty much the best metal musician on Earth, excelling at absolutely everything related to metal. Some of the best bass playing I've heard in black metal, plus wicked drumming, not to mention the excellent compositions and guitar playing. Vocals are also sinister as fuck, and his ambient/interlude pieces are among the best. No weak spots whatsoever. Leviathan is pretty underrated imo.

byrne said:
+
MORTAL SIN
astriaal
slaughter lord
cruciform
gospel of the horns

oh yes, Gospel of the Horns :headbang:

Sarsekim as well, Raven Black night