best reason to dislike a metal band

What would be your biggest reason for disliking a metal band?

• lack of skill / crappy playing

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • sounding like a copy of another band

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • moving away from their original style in order to gain popularity (selling out)

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • having really goofy experimental parts in what are otherwise good songs

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • can't decide

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • other reason not covered by this list

Votes: 19 29.2%

• Total voters
ugh, barnes' vocals are fucking awful on that song, although song itself is not bad

repetitive, monotone burping vocals are fucking retarded (early deicide = excellent Death metal vox)

ugh, barnes' vocals are fucking awful on that song, although song itself is not bad

repetitive, monotone burping vocals are fucking retarded (early deicide = excellent Death metal vox)

It's strange because I usually HATE these type of death vox... but I don't mind them on these albums. But yeah early Deicide vocals are badass. And yes Barnes sounds way better on the Bleeding.

It's strange because I usually HATE these type of death vox... but I don't mind them on these albums. But yeah early Deicide vocals are badass. And yes Barnes sounds way better on the Bleeding.

George Fisher paints the wall with Barnes' blood anyday.

i cant stand when bands just sound like MUSH(EHEM cannibal corpse) i hate most tech death/ death due to the fact the singer doesnt articulate he just goes gragragra children gragragra stabbed gragragra (necrophagist's music kicks enough ass to forgive this though"

Why are you even alive

Here's the nail in the coffin for Dave's argument. I'll list them just to make it easier to read.

1. Necrophagist has only produced two full-length albums.
2. Dave, you even said yourself that their latest was complete shit (not a good sign)
3. Cannibal Corpse was formed in 1988, and has produced 10 albums. All of which are good. Some better than others, but have yet to release a "shit album" unlike the band you are defending.
4. On a playability factor of 1-10 (1 being the lowest 10 being the highest), Necrophagist are about a 1. Listening to that type of death metal is nauseating. I'll take some good ol' early death metal riffage over that shit anyday.

I'm gonna have to agree with this, despite not being a huge fan of either band. I do like "Onset of Putrefaction" and "Epitaph" more than most CC albums, but "Butchered at Birth", "Tomb of the Mutilated", "The Bleeding", and "Kill" are quite good, and quantity is on CC's side.

I HATE stupid lyrics. I can stand the gore stuff but reading Children of Bodom's lyrics, I can't help but completely hate them.

"Say one more word, i double dare you...." :lol:

One of the genius lines from Alexi Laiho. And is it true he didn't even put lyrics in the CD booklet because he didn't want people making fun of him?

I HATE stupid lyrics. I can stand the gore stuff but reading Children of Bodom's lyrics, I can't help but completely hate them.

One of the genius lines from Alexi Laiho. And is it true he didn't even put lyrics in the CD booklet because he didn't want people making fun of him?

like Dax Riggs is any better....

horrible vocals + equally awful lyrics = reason I don't like children of bodom much anymore

I doesn't bother me as much as crappy vocals, but this is definetly my one big compaint about Iced Earth.

What fucking song is that?

Stupid lyrics are hardly an excuse to hate a band if they make music you enjoy. I hate gore lyrics, but happily listen to Bloodbath, Cannibal Corpse, early Death, Necrophagist, and countless other bands.