best reason to dislike a metal band

What would be your biggest reason for disliking a metal band?

• lack of skill / crappy playing

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • sounding like a copy of another band

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • moving away from their original style in order to gain popularity (selling out)

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • having really goofy experimental parts in what are otherwise good songs

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • can't decide

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • other reason not covered by this list

Votes: 19 29.2%

• Total voters
The reasons I would like to single out without expounding are:
1. Someone in a band having short hair.
2. Keyboards and/or no solos
3. Non-English lyrics (though that wouldn't count as metal at all)

1. No. Rob Halford is bald and Priest rules.
2. No. Mercyful Fate used keyboards and MF ruled.
3. No. There are many great metal albums in other languages... Hvis Lyset Tar Oss for example.

The reasons I would like to single out without expounding are:
1. Someone in a band having short hair.

you just signed your death warrant

may hundreds of skinhead and mohawked punks beat the everloving shit out of you!

oh and Kyle Severn, too

i cant stand when bands just sound like MUSH(EHEM cannibal corpse) i hate most tech death/ death due to the fact the singer doesnt articulate he just goes gragragra children gragragra stabbed gragragra (necrophagist's music kicks enough ass to forgive this though"

i cant stand when bands just sound like MUSH(EHEM cannibal corpse) i hate most tech death/ death due to the fact the singer doesnt articulate he just goes gragragra children gragragra stabbed gragragra (necrophagist's music kicks enough ass to forgive this though"

you seem misguided. maybe you're not listening to the right kind of death metal?

CC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>necrophagist

CC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>necrophagist

how so?? Necrophagist is a 100x more intelligent, creative, unique, etc...

you could probably post 10 pages of bands that sound exactly like CC and there is nothing out there that sounds like necrophagist (although I really hated epitaph, onset is a 10000000000x superior to anything CC has ever released)

there's a reason that CC has released a million albums, majority of the albums follow the same formula (although I like them)

how so?? Necrophagist is a 100x more intelligent, creative, unique, etc...

you could probably post 10 pages of bands that sound exactly like CC and there is nothing out there that sounds like necrophagist (although I really hated epitaph, onset is a 10000000000x superior to anything CC has ever released)

there's a reason that CC has released a million albums, majority of the albums follow the same formula (although I like them)

There are a million bands that sound like CC because CC are one of the main bands from the early 90's death metal scene... so there are a million copycats of THEM! It's not CC's fault that other people sound like them.
The reason why CC are better is because they write better songs while Necrophagist spends all their time trying to be as uber technical and complex as possible... and as a result their songwriting suffers.

CC has released 10 albums and I woudn't place any of them in the same paragraph as onset of putrefaction (ignore epitaph, that album is trash)

and in all honesty, I don't see what huge contribution they have made in the genre. There were lots of death metal bands in the 80s and 90's that were far superior to early CC

CC has released 10 albums and I woudn't place any of them in the same paragraph as onset of putrefaction (ignore epitaph, that album is trash)

and in all honesty, I don't see what huge contribution they have made in the genre. There were lots of death metal bands in the 80s and 90's that were far superior to early CC

Yeah, but Necrophagist isn't one of them.

CC has released 10 albums and none of them are nearly as good as onset of putrefaction

Well all the Necrophagist I've heard sounds like this: SUPER BRUTAL TECH RIFF; SUPER FAST BASS SOLO; ENTER YNGWIE MALMSTEEN SHRED FEST; REPEAT. :lol:
I would say that Tomb, the Bleeding and Vile EASILY destroy everything Necrophagist has put out... but hey to each his own.

Well all the Necrophagist I've heard sounds like this: SUPER BRUTAL TECH RIFF; SUPER FAST BASS SOLO; ENTER YNGWIE MALMSTEEN SHRED FEST; REPEAT. :lol:
I would say that Tomb, the Bleeding and Vile EASILY destroy everything Necrophagist has put out... but hey to each his own.

yea, that sound exactly like epitaph. Check out onset, it's alot more fluid and less robotic

I wouldn't place anything CC has ever released in my top 100 Death metal albums list, even their first 3 or 4 albums are nothing even remotely close to classics like altars of madness by MA or human by death

but yea, agree to disagree

yea, that sound exactly like epitaph. Check out onset, it's alot more fluid and less robotic

I wouldn't place anything CC has ever released in my top 100 Death metal albums list, even their first 3 or 4 albums are nothing even remotely close to classics like altars of madness by MA or human by death

but yea, agree to disagree

I would place the before mentioned CC albums all in my top 20... with the Bleeding possibly at #1. But yeah early Morbid Angel is the shit... Death too.

Here's the nail in the coffin for Dave's argument. I'll list them just to make it easier to read.

1. Necrophagist has only produced two full-length albums.
2. Dave, you even said yourself that their latest was complete shit (not a good sign)
3. Cannibal Corpse was formed in 1988, and has produced 10 albums. All of which are good. Some better than others, but have yet to release a "shit album" unlike the band you are defending.
4. On a playability factor of 1-10 (1 being the lowest 10 being the highest), Necrophagist are about a 1. Listening to that type of death metal is nauseating. I'll take some good ol' early death metal riffage over that shit anyday.

Here's the nail in the coffin for Dave's argument. I'll list them just to make it easier to read.

2. Dave, you even said yourself that their latest was complete shit (not a good sign)
3. Cannibal Corpse was formed in 1988, and has produced 10 albums. All of which are good. Some better than others, but have yet to release a "shit album" unlike the band you are defending.
4. On a playability factor of 1-10 (1 being the lowest 10 being the highest), Necrophagist are about a 1. Listening to that type of death metal is nauseating. I'll take some good ol' early death metal riffage over that shit anyday.

:cool:

personally speaking, onset of putrefaction is in my top 30 death metal albums ever. CC's best album (kill) barely makes my top 150

but hey, this is all a question of opinion anyways

in any case, I don't see how you could possibly argue against my assertion that necrophagist is infinitely more creative, original, and unique than CC is

even in the early 1990s, there were plenty of similar bands to CC (suffocation, autopsy, etc...). There is nothing out there that sounds even remotely close to necrophagist

their first 3 or 4 albums are really really boring (especially with terrible vocals by chris barnes)

No way dude! Tomb of the Mutilated is fucking great. Hammer Smashed Face is like THE death metal song. Butchered was good too though not nearly as good as Tomb. Meat Hook Sodomy is a great track. But yeah I don't like the first album.