Coronavirus Themed Mixtape Game

Holy Terror - Black Plague
Decent song. I really like the riffing, yet there's still something about this song (as well as the entire album, which I once owned, but later on sold to a friend) which leaves me somewhat unsatisfied. 7,5/10

Diskord - Rambling Words from a Sore Throat
Not too fond of the vocals, though they fit very well with the song title. As regards the music, I think I like the slower parts better, but overall it sounds a bit too messy for me. 5/10

Bloodbath - Draped in Disease
Without the blast beat parts and with proper thrash metal vocals instead of monontonous growling, I might have liked this - at least to some extent. 2,5/10

Dawn- Ride the Wings of Pestilence
Until 0:50, I thought this might be something I could give a positive rating. While the music does get a bit repetitive, I still might have rated the karaoke version of this song 6/10, but the type of vocals used in this song rank among my two least favourite ones. Therefore: 2/10

Voivod - Bacteria
Conveys a rather menacing atmosphere, especially because of the slower parts. IMO one of Voivod's darkest songs, but I think that goes for (nearly) the entire album. I've listened to "Phobos" far less often than to my favourite three Voivod albums ("Killing Technology", "Dimension Hatröss", "Nothingface"), but when I did, I always enjoyed it a lot. While I can't say out of my memory that "Bacteria" is my overall favourite song on that album, it is definitely one of my favourite songs. In the context of this game: 10/10 (without the context of this game, I'd rate it somewhere between 9 and 9,5/10)

Evile - Plague to End All Plagues
I've never been a fan of mid-tempo thrash metal songs (sounds like an oxymoron anyway) and there's hardly happening anything in this specific song. In addition to this, the vocals sound as monotonous as the music. In other words: this is rather disappointing. 5/10

Gammacide - Walking Plague
In spite of the poorer production, I find this far more enjoyable than the previous song. 7,5/10

Crimson Glory - Masque of the Red Death
Bought the CD way back then because of the enthusiastic reviews I had read, but I think I haven't listened to it for more than 3 decades and I don't see it happening anywhere in the future. It's not that I dislike the album in general or this song in particular, but there are hundreds of albums I like better. Still 7,5/10
(Too bad no-one submitted the song by Hades with the same title. I'd have rated it at least 9,5/10)

Peste Noire - Des Medecins Malades Et Des Saint Sequestres
I really liked the first 38 seconds of this song and without the vocals, I still might have given the song a slightly above average-rating in spite of the poor production and the fact that the three instrumental parts in the second half of the song sound rather random. Because of the vocals, it's only: 3/10

I never take that title into account, but I suppose you're right, should have posted it in the NP thread. Definitely didn't kick my ass.

Finished listening to it just now, it was just okay to me.

Not a huge fan of the band, but I do like that demo quite a bit and the debut to a lesser extent. The demo is more stripped down and raw so I thought that would appeal to you more than the debut which is a bit more adventurous and theatrical. I do think their early material nails a specific aesthetic well.

Not a huge fan of the band, but I do like that demo quite a bit and the debut to a lesser extent. The demo is more stripped down and raw so I thought that would appeal to you more than the debut which is a bit more adventurous and theatrical. I do think their early material nails a specific aesthetic well.

Planning to check out the album soon. I do like stripped down and raw in a lot of cases, but not always with black metal. I'm picky with the genre as it is.

Edit: I actually don't mind theatrical black metal in many cases. I really like Graal, Ebonylake and Limbonic Art for example.

Last edited:
Holy Terror - Black Plague
Apparently best known as the soundtrack to shotgunning 3 four lokos.
6/10

Diskord - Rambling Words from a Sore Throat

Went to look up the lyrics on MA, did not have to guess if this was the Norwegian or US Diskord. Really appreciate this having that doomy break in the middle, too many angular riff salady bands forget to slow things down once in a while.
8/10

Bloodbath - Draped in Disease

Kinda surprised to say this is kicking my ass. Dynamic, great riffs, love that call-and-response pitch bend thing at the halfway mark.
8/10

Dawn- Ride the Wings of Pestilence

That opening motif swoops down on you like a flock of ravens and the song never lets up from there. Some of my favorite riffs in all of black metal.
10/10

Voivod - Bacteria

Fantastic song from an album I don't listen to enough. Unfortunately Forrest adds nothing and this would be objectively better with Snake on vocals.
9/10

Evile - Plague to End All Plagues

I like mid-paced thrash so this is pretty cool in my book.
7/10

Gammacide - Walking Plague

Pretty generic, and these vocals are ass.
4/10

Crimson Glory - Masque of the Red Death

Fuck yes, I was going through trad metal withdrawal.
8/10

Peste Noire - Des Medecins Malades Et Des Saint Sequestres

I love everything about the way this sounds.
10/10

Reactions: CiG
Evile are about as generic as thrash metal gets. That being said i dont think that's always a bad thing but i find it incredibly retarded to say that Gammacide song is generic thrash(which it isnt even close to being btw) and then go on to praise a song that pretty much defines the word.

Reactions: CiG
1. Holy Terror - Black Plague 7/10

Cool riffing.

2. Diskord - Rambling Words from a Sore Throat 4/10

This just sounded jumbled and incoherent to me.

3. Bloodbath - Draped in Disease 7/10

I remember owning this album at one point and finding it fairly forgettable - but this track was surprisingly good.

4. Dawn - Ride the Wings of Pestilence 8.5/10

I find Slaughtersun maddening - it's full of incredible riffs but I don't really like the production much, particularly the vocals which are abrasively high in the mix, and it's over-long. This song is pretty much typical of the album but still worthy of an 8... that epic section between 3-4min :worship:

5. Voivod - Bacteria 7.5/10

The slow sections are genuinely creepy. The faster sections and vocals... meh.

6. Evile - Plague to End All Plagues 6.5/10

Don't mind the riff here, but the chorus was pretty uninspired and the solo didn't redeem things.

7. Gammacide - Walking Plague 2/10

Sounds like a below average opening set band at a suburban show.

8. Crimson Glory - Masque of the Red Death 7.5/10

Not one of my faves off Transcendence but still a solid song, plus a great theme choice.

9. Peste Noire - Des Medecins Malades et Des Saints Sequestres 9/10

Decrepit, dusty and ancient sounding. I particularly like the ominous moody sections that break up the thrashy parts.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Holy Terror - Black Plague 9/10

Favorite song on the list. I like the aggression and will check out more of their music.

Diskord - Rambling Words From a Sore Throat 7/10

Initial reaction: "What the fuck!?" Another band I am not familiar with. Within the context of the theme and the title of the song it is a good choice.

Bloodbath - Draped in Disease 8/10
Another band I am not all familiar with but I like it. Will definitely check out their albums on Spotify.

Dawn - Ride the Wing of Pestilence 7/10

First listen and I liked it, but it went on for way too long.

Bacteria - Voivod 8/10

I have given this band a chance and they have never clicked for me. I don't see the appeal, this is some weird shit, but listening to it as one off track rather than an album I can appreciate it more.

Evile - Plague to End All Plagues 6/10
I am a big fan of this band but this isn't one of their better songs.

Gammacide - Walking Plague 8/10
I don't understand all the hate this song is getting. I like the aggression and the guitar solo rips!

Crimson Glory - Masque of the Red Death 7/10
Another band I am not familiar with but I dig the vocals.

Peste Noire - Des Medecins Malades et Des Saints Sequestres 6/10

Never listened to this band before. I liked the music more than the vocals.