UM member-themed mixtape game

arg

Jun 4, 2008
In this mixtape we dedicate songs to UM members!

The songs can be metal OR non-metal and should exemplify their persona on the forum, or simply make fun of them!

Our first theme is MASTER YODA (SCHMIDT)

Send me your songs you semen guzzling fucks! yes you can submit songs about yourself

Haha there's more to Yoda than alcohol dudes, he is a complex individual with fine tastes in culture and media

Also, in my round repeat bands will be allowed cuz im the game master, bitches

And Seinfeld! I want fucking Seinfeld submissions you shits!

Your mind is not your own,
What sounds more mentally stimulating is how you make your choice
So you preach about how I'm supposed to be, yet you don't you know your own
Sexuality.

I wouldn't say it's useless. Doesn't it involve lots of critical thinking and logic? Sounds quite interesting to me.
In the job market it is, it can be fun for doing some intellectual tinkering for shits and giggles, but making it your major and using it for your primary degree? One of the worst you could choose aside from a gender studies or communications degree. And with how liberal-bent the curriculum and professors probably are? Freaking yuck.

Reactions: CiG
In the job market it is, it can be fun for doing some intellectual tinkering for shits and giggles, but making it your major and using it for your primary degree? One of the worst you could choose aside from a gender studies or communications degree.

Not really accurate. I agree that there are little in the way of practical career applications for Philosophy, but it's a difficult subject to be accepted for, and a difficult subject to do well in. Employers know this, and they're also aware that Philosophy students learn skills (as mentioned before: critical thinking, the ability to present a coherent argument, persuasiveness) that can be more useful in the workplace than those learned on more practically oriented courses.

The real doss subjects tend to be those invented in the past few decades, often terminating in the word "studies". Philosophy predates science and just about every other subject, so it has some historical prestige on its side.

Reactions: CiG and Phylactery
Yeah I guess so, but there must be jobs out there that value it as a degree. Also who is to say he doesn't have a good job? I don't know what he does.

Edit: This was in response to H.P Lovecraft.

Not really accurate. I agree that there are little in the way of practical career applications for Philosophy, but it's a difficult subject to be accepted for, and a difficult subject to do well in. Employers know this, and they're also aware that Philosophy students learn skills (as mentioned before: critical thinking, the ability to present a coherent argument, persuasiveness) that can be more useful in the workplace than those learned on more practically oriented courses.

The real doss subjects tend to be those invented in the past few decades, often terminating in the word "studies". Philosophy predates science and just about every other subject, so it has some historical prestige on its side.
I never said it was an easy class, by no means is it, especially for good universities. It can in fact provide worthwhile skill sets that employers will consider, I don't deny that either. My point is simply that it's not going to be the thing that gets you a good job if you don't have something else better and, or more pragmatic going for you. If you apply to IBM with a bachelor's in philosophy as your major, I hate to break it to you, but they ain't hiring you unless you want to be the janitor.