Future of Music

Theft? I think not. If a man has an apple, and I take it, thats theft. Burning music is not taking anything away from the artist, therefore isn't theft. Ripping music does not in any way hurt the artist. What hurts the artist is not buying the CD. So, if you wouldn't have bought the CD anyways, whats the difference? I buy more CDs then many who buy all music legit, so therefore they do less good to the artists then me. They are more of a theif. Just think about it that way for a sec.

TylerTheNuke said:
Theft? I think not. If a man has an apple, and I take it, thats theft. Burning music is not taking anything away from the artist, therefore isn't theft. Ripping music does not in any way hurt the artist. What hurts the artist is not buying the CD. So, if you wouldn't have bought the CD anyways, whats the difference? I buy more CDs then many who buy all music legit, so therefore they do less good to the artists then me. They are more of a theif. Just think about it that way for a sec.

Best excuse for burning music ever. I was coming to the same conclusion, but I couldn't have said it better. I think overall, high prices are what keep the kids from buying music, even if they did like the CD, they might not like it that much, or enough to shell out the big bucks... If they brought down the price of CDs a tad, downloading and buying CDs go hand in hand. Plus there seems to be a crap load of shit music that kids can hear on the radio any time they want, why buy the CD if it's only one song you like, and you'll get tired of it anyway? Bringing in better artists and better quality releases, lowering prices and NOT RIGGING CDs WITH VIRUSES will keep the rec. co.s in business.

IN THE FUTURE MUSIC WILL BE CREATED SYNTHETICALLY IN REALTIME BECAUSE CORPERATIONS WILL HAVE IMPLANTED COMPUTER CHIPS IN OUR BRAINS AND THEY WILL BE ABLE TO DETECT OUR PERSONAL TASTES AND MANUFACTURE A SOUNDTRACK THAT PLAYS CONSTANTLY INSIDE OF YOUR MIND AND THE MASONIC RITES SOCIETIES WHICH HAVE CONTROL OVER GLOBAL GOVERNMENTS WILL RELEASE THE GIANT MUTATED OTTERS TO DEVOUR US ALL

Susperia said:
So, yesterday, I came downstairs and my brother said to me "you look like a librarian" so I retorted "a sexy one!"

Then, Sean came over and I said to him ''my brother said I look like a librarian today", and he responded "a sexy one".

:oops:

Sexy librarian... yum.

Deathscythe1911 said:
I paid 15 buck for Call of the Mastodon and it was only 30 mins long, I that really pissed me off...

... I don't believe in that shit, albums should consist of more running time because you paid for a disc that can fit over an hour of music. Albums are often better when there shorter, so bullshit isn't dragged on, repeated or worse of all filled in with shit songs that drag down otherwise mega albums. :err:

[$0.02]

I think it's important for someone like myself, who was financially incapable of doing the kind of musical exploration I've done over the past 3 years without the aid of p2p, to keep both feet firmly planted on the ground. Most metalheads are a pretty loyal bunch and are happy to pay the $10-20 a CD costs if they can afford it, if it's good. Even with the thousands of songs I downloaded, I always had every intention of buying the CD's when my situation changed. Now that I've got a job, I'm spending most of my money on music to make up for lost time.

Anyone who downloads without any intention of buying (particlarly if it's music that gives them great enjoyment) should get the fuck out of metal, because they're scum.

As for the exact topic of this thread... none of that shit affects metal in any way. The RIAA and what-not only care about the big-money making lot, and metal isn't part of it. The only thing that would bring about any problems in the metal world would be the questionable loyalties of fans.

[/$0.02]

^ bit like you dude
I download fuck loads of music and when i find a good album i buy that bitch, if i dl a album thats shit i dont buy it. I simply dont have enought money to be spendng $20-30 a pot for a cd that may or may not be good

Music is the only thing I'm not skint about. I mean I barely earn a wage at the moment, but once I've payed the bills the rest goes to CD's... mundane activities such as eating regularly and dressing sharp are highly over-rated in my inflated opinion.

I download a lot. However I only buy the ones that I still like after repeated listeninings. The ones that I get tired of aren't really worth buying, are they?