Iconoclast: News/Info Thread

And Russell is like "I GOT A FISH THIIIS BIG" in the 2nd pic

LOLz

Jason does look the "coolest" me thinks, and the rest seem fine. Russell, though, I swear looked Photoshopped-in the first time I glanced at the pic, like he was floating or something

Jason is the one who looks most awkward to me:guh: There's no balance in his posture and he looks a bit stiff. That picture does him no justice, he's much better looking than that. He still looks real cute, so I guess that says it all... (you guys have to forgive, the music is not the only interesting thing for the female fans)

And Russell is like "I GOT A FISH THIIIS BIG" in the 2nd pic.
:lol:

Not ''supposed to'', more like ''might''. I'm sure there are alternatives to lining them all up and having them stare sullenly into the camera.

Something like...

anvil1.jpg

:lol:

On a little more serious note, these are the ones that stand out to me:

Dragonforce_1_.jpg

slayer300.jpg

What's wrong with smiling in a photo once in a while and showing that you're having fun?

This is why I love seeing Lepond on stage, he always looks like he's having the time of his life up there:)

Sx-michael-small.jpg

By the way, how come the album comes out in Europe first? I'm definitely loving that - just curious how these things work...

NB posted a little blurb about, giving a little detail about each song on the album:
http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/discography/details/314929.71100.iconoclast.html

'Iconoclast,' an opus of an eleven-minute opening track, leads off with convoluted, labyrinthine guitar parts that become smoothly interconnected. To comprehend its motives right away would be an achievement; this also remains true of the remaining 52 minutes of concentrated Prog-Power.

Whether it's the straight rock track 'The End Of Innocence,' the ponderous and doom-like 'Dehumanized,' the dynamic 'Bastards Of The Machine,' the thrashing dark 'Heretic' (the most obvious cross-reference to the previous album PARADISE LOST), or the virtuosic but brutal 'Prometheus (I Am Alive),' the fusion of musicality and the fascinating richness of detail shown here will make the listener ask whether ICONOCLAST should be considered a straight Prog-Rock album or a Classic-Rock record accentuated with elements of Prog.

Apart from Romeo's crazy and explosive outbursts on his six-string, one more very important ingredient shapes SYMPHONY X’s eighth studio album: the incomparable delicacy and depth of feeling expressed by Allen's vocals. Paying tribute to his biggest idol, he confesses: "There is a lot of Ronnie James Dio between the lines!" The best evidence for it: the monolithic half-balladic heavyweight 'Children Of A Faceless God' (where Allen truly sings like a Power-metal reincarnation of Ronnie James Dio), the epically metallic 'Electric Messiah,' and the majestic yearning in 'When All Is Lost' with its wistful piano sounds, acapella vocals, and gorgeous acoustic guitars.