In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Dude, they have just played Embody the Invisible during the last 4-5 years or so basically, not on this tour though. Episode 666 they played last I think 2010 or something. Food for the Gods was a long time ago though. They've played The Hive and especially in 2008 they played a bunch of older tracks. I think more than some of the songs they feel won't work good, and some others that they've played before they don't feel they get a good enough reponse from it.

So, it's not true that thay cannot play the old songs without doing justice to them.

Doubt it since Daniel is one of the guys in the band who listens to the heaviest music still. Also when Daniel made the two Sacrilege albums ins 1996 and 1997 he said he was a super fan of In Flames when he did those albums. Also Björn only played drums until 1998. But it's easy to pin it on Anders controlling if there are old songs on the setlists, although you have no idea how their talks or discussions are when they are making the setlists.

So because Daniel said something in 1997 it means he feels the same now? :D interesting logic. Or maybe Daniel's love of the albums and songs decreased after playing them so many times on tour?

As for Bjorn, I meant on album, not live. The first album he did guitars on was Colony, so the previous albums will obviously not mean as much to him musically.

Not sure where you got the "pinning it on Anders" idea, I never said that. I just said that he doesn't seem to like the older stuff so much and so wouldn't be that keen on performing it live.

I don't think Daniel and Peter have much to say in the band. But Bjorn played guitar solos on TJR and Whoracle.

I will pin it on Ander$. He's a diva. And a control freak with a massive, out of control ego. And he has a stupid beard and glasses and haircut. A victim of success. So sad.

Anyway, what'd everyone have for dinner?

I don't think Daniel and Peter have much to say in the band. But Bjorn played guitar solos on TJR and Whoracle.

Well, considering he can't even play the OFTW solo properly, maybe it's a blessing they don't play the TJR/Whoracle songs anymore :D

So, it's not true that thay cannot play the old songs without doing justice to them.

Read what I just wrote again, you misunderstood somehow.
So because Daniel said something in 1997 it means he feels the same now? :D interesting logic. Or maybe Daniel's love of the albums and songs decreased after playing them so many times on tour?

As for Bjorn, I meant on album, not live. The first album he did guitars on was Colony, so the previous albums will obviously not mean as much to him musically.

Not sure where you got the "pinning it on Anders" idea, I never said that. I just said that he doesn't seem to like the older stuff so much and so wouldn't be that keen on performing it live.
He didn't say it in 1997 (or maybe he did as well). But what I meant was recently from somewhere when he said he was a big In Flames fan before he joined the band And I also said that he STILL listens to heavy music. And Björn played a bunch of guitars on TJR & Whoracle as well. Mostly acoustics and solos, and he also co-wrote Wayfaerer. But I'm pretty sure I heard him say he wrote some riffs on Artifacts and Lord Hypnos. Might just've been the middle acoustic part in Lord Hypnos I suppose.

Bjorn's main songwriting credits start on Colony, though, so whilst he may have had some influence on the older stuff... I'd guess he's prouder and more willing to play from the Colony album onwards.

If they don't enjoy it, they won't play it. And hearing how the band is the way it is since Colony, it makes all the more sense. Personally, the most important for me, and the thing I expect from bands live is to put on an amazing show. As an artist, you can't get pumped up if you keep thinking "jesus fuck, why are we playing this again? Is that guy checking his cellphone? Did the last rows just went on a toilet break?".

About honesty, I don't know. I'm a blunt person myself, and in hindsight I could've phrased my conversations with certain people much better. Saying things how they are might seem noble, but rarely the way to go. Imagine the riot if Anders were to say "You know, I don't think TJR songs are good, and the Whoracle ones just sound so fucking terrible live. There are some cool songs on Colony, but fuck man, I enjoy vocal-oriented songs so much more, that's what I want to do, that's how I can get the energy to fire up a show nowadays." I'm not saying it must be totally what he thinks about it, but what if it is? No need to trample into tons of people's feelings, especially because I'm sure those records are still dear to him. They are a part of him, part of the success, etc.

Dunno how much a diva Anders is, he seems like a very introverted person. Can you even write such lyrics without being introverted?

Yeah. It's better to say that people don't enjoy those songs or that they cannot make justice to them playing them live. I evento think that they say that kind of shit so that de have something to talk about.
Talking seriously. There are many examples of musicians admiting that they don't like some albums they did un the past. They should be brave instead of coming with stupid Excuses.
Nos one example. Clayman is one of those songs with many guitar layers that they cannot bring live, and the song sounds fucking amazing live. Also I wonder if Krofius knows of any song from the past that doesn't sound good live. I don't think so.
As I said Anders should be brave and admit that he doesn't feel comfortable with the old material. There are many of us willing that he does so that we can throw shit at him (I mean more shit).

Nah. Last time was about touring usa. Now will be something like headlining a festival.

"If im not way off, i read in an article about a miscarriage that the singer (anders friden) and his girlfriend (wife whatever) had, and After readin that arcticle all of this song just made sence to me.
I don't think I ever read such an emotional article/interview as that one, it was printed in a swedish metal/music magazine.
" - Do you guys know anything about this?

Also, my question to krofius still stands: did you grow up with Anders or did I just completely misinterpret what you said here about drugs and cigarettes?

"If im not way off, i read in an article about a miscarriage that the singer (anders friden) and his girlfriend (wife whatever) had, and After readin that arcticle all of this song just made sence to me.
I don't think I ever read such an emotional article/interview as that one, it was printed in a swedish metal/music magazine.
" - Do you guys know anything about this?

Also, my question to krofius still stands: did you grow up with Anders or did I just completely misinterpret what you said here about drugs and cigarettes?

No I didn't grow up with him, I'm soon to be 22years old :p
It's just a very qualified guess as I've never seen any photo or video or interview or anything where he smokes or uses snuff. And I just assumed that if he tried them once it probably was when he was a teenager (around the time of early DT).

Amazing, and the setlist makes so much more sense now. It only needs like one more CC song at least and is good to go.

Edit: nevermind, I want Alias and Disconnected as well. I hope they will play these plus CC from CC as ADDITIONAL songs at that show, and I'm totally buying it then.

I think they will not. They're probably recording the sound from all those shows just to select the best parts for the DVD. I'm gonna say that, though it's gonna be a live show from SC, if they release a "full videoclips disk" I'm gonna buy it. Also adding CC to the show will be putting another slow song in the set :puke: