In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I think they will not. They're probably recording the sound from all those shows just to select the best parts for the DVD. I'm gonna say that, though it's gonna be a live show from SC, if they release a "full videoclips disk" I'm gonna buy it.
Yeah, as you've discussed earlier, live DVDs are almost always like that, audio is cut together, but that's fine; if you spend that much money on this shit, you don't want some random hiccup stain this forever.

Um, in your second sentence, are you talking about playing every song a'la STYE on Used And Abused?

Yeah, as you've discussed earlier, live DVDs are almost always like that, audio is cut together, but that's fine; if you spend that much money on this shit, you don't want some random hiccup stain this forever.

Um, in your second sentence, are you talking about playing every song a'la STYE on Used And Abused?

No, sorry. I meant that the setlist is mainly SC.

Not interested in a live DVD featuring mostly SC material, sorry. I'll stick to Used and Abused, new DVD will not be better than that.

I wish the verse lyrics for Like You Better Dead weren't so lame, the instrumental & chorus parts of the song are really strong.

I wish the verse lyrics for Like You Better Dead weren't so lame, the instrumental & chorus parts of the song are really strong.
One of my favorite IF songs. I'm grateful for the simple verses, it was much esier to relate to as a teen, and you most definitely need songs like this. As much as I appreciate deep lyrics I can explore on my own, I think it's pretentious to think simplicity is necessary bad or lame.

I'll never sleep here anymore
My house is not my home
I like you better dead
and I'm better off alone

These lines are pretty heavy, even if you don't have to use your brain too much, since you can just take them literally.

That verse screamed lame to me ten years ago and even more so now :D but it's still better than 99% of ASOP.

Speaking of U&A, how did they manage to fuck up Episode 666 for the live DVD? Of all the songs... Jesper and Bjorn both seem to skip the same part as well, which is weird.

I think and hope they will do something special when recording the two shows. And I think they are recording two shows to have more material, might choose the best things, or they (hopefully) will include both shows.

But I will be very surprised if they do not add/change up the setlists and do something special such as maybe When the World Explodes and also maybe A New Dawn.

Can someone confirm if the CD of Used and Abused only had most of the full setlist from the DVD? I hate that shit. I know Linkin Park did that and Metallica has been only releasing video concerts. Though maybe that's because they have the audio for every show online? Either way, I'm looking forward to this. Also, didn't Soilwork say they were recording a live album last year? Any update on that?

Cd has full Hammersmith and Partial Sticky Fingers (15 songs out of 25, 26 if you count Episode 666).

I think and hope they will do something special when recording the two shows. And I think they are recording two shows to have more material, might choose the best things, or they (hopefully) will include both shows.

But I will be very surprised if they do not add/change up the setlists and do something special such as maybe When the World Explodes and also maybe A New Dawn.

I think they'll do something like Iron Maiden's Live After Death.

It's a pity they won't choose a more balanced setlist, at least from the past 5 albums.

He is already doing better.

[youtube]watch?v=0qV_Oz1rY5c[/youtube]

And I got this:

20976416884666161431818365812141685801583258716n.jpg

713694106155916161432018365794420397738412602204n.jpg

Wooow, you son of a bitch! Which songs did you like the most from SC live? Are you still mad at TCP?

I loved With Eyes Wide Open the most, with the crowd singing LOUDLY, it was great. Rusted Nail is definitely better live than on CD, and The Chosen Pessimist was actually great.

The best moment is still Trigger, though.

Rusted Nail is definitely better live than on CD
Yes! Since the show, I have listened to RN so much more.
and The Chosen Pessimist was actually great.
YES!!! Told you guys, but did not want to bitch on all the posts saying "omg, pls put two other songs isntead of tcp". It was so powerful!
The best moment is still Trigger, though.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!! Though I really liked Ropes as well.

And I guess you know what I meant when I said Anders is an amazing frontman. He's down to earth personality (that's why I don't think he's a diva, though he definitely seems like someone who take critics badly) and the way how he can just move the crowd is awesome. The whole time I felt like some friends of mine just came over to play some osngs then we will go to a pub and get drunk. Sure, I was starstruck, but still, watching them drinking beer DURING the fucking songs, and watching Anders doing goofy stuff, like his trademark smartphone stealing, or when he's doing the air guitars during solos. :D
And the best part is that it was so obvious they enjoyed it; other band members kept singing the songs to themselves, and as for Anders, the way he got himself into the songs was more than enough.

How did Resin go? Did While She Sleeps played as an opener band (and if yes, did they play this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4TIFcmTc8 )?

Also, did you ask around people on their opinions? Like, about SC, setlist, favorite song(s)?

edit: oh yes, and did TQP sounded as bad as on the video I linked? The way he singed it was pretty bad on that. I didn't mind that way of singing on OFTW, but come on!

And I guess you know what I meant when I said Anders is an amazing frontman.

He has always been.

How did Resin go?

Good old times.

Did While She Sleeps played as an opener band (and if yes, did they play this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4TIFcmTc8 )?

Yes. Good opening band, amazing live performance, but boring as fuck on CD.

Also, did you ask around people on their opinions? Like, about SC, setlist, favorite song(s)?

People seemed to dig the new album AND the old ones, it was refreshing. And they were quite happy about the setlist.

edit: oh yes, and did TQP sounded as bad as on the video I linked? The way he singed it was pretty bad on that. I didn't mind that way of singing on OFTW, but come on!

The Quiet Place sounded just as great as the usual.