In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I think it's an identity crisis. He realized SC is the greatest album ever made in the history of mankind, but he refuses to accept it, so he projects this struggle as hate towards SC. We should be more delicate with him and help him out.

Should we organize a sing along to Through Oblivion via Skype?

I think it's an identity crisis. He realized SC is the greatest album ever made in the history of mankind, but he refuses to accept it, so he projects this struggle as hate towards SC. We should be more delicate with him and help him out.

Should we organize a sing along to Through Oblivion via Skype?

This is what I see when I read yours and ciko's posts :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything's Gone is not a bad live song for them. It's just simple riffs, Anders talks through the verses then screams in the bridge and Chorus. Simple, effective song in concert. I am starting to like the studio version of it and I almost refer to it as a Reroute to remain-style song(The talking through the verses is probably what does it). Still just feels like... not enough. To be fair it's supposed to be straight forward though.

In Plain View is ok... but still, just another song that's nothing but standard instrumental play and a catchy chorus. Nothing memorable.

Through Oblivion is not enough for me to get into it's "type" of song. And I usually like chill songs like it.

Rused Nail still feels like a song that's all over the place. Will never be able to get into it.

Kinda dig Paralyzed's mellow feel then the big chorus. If this was a new song on my new album I'd have to put it on my band's setlist out of the other ones.

IMO:

In Plain View - Switch for Sounds of Playground Fading or Cloud Connected
Everything's Gone - Yes
Fear Is the Weakness - Yes
Trigger - Yes
Resin - Yes or play another older medium-tempo track (Moonshield or Gyroscope)
Where the Dead Ships Dwell - Yes
With Eyes Wide Open - Yes
Paralyzed - Yes
Through Oblivion - I guess they have to?
Ropes - Switch for "Colony", "Pinball Map", "Bullet Ride", "Swim", etc. etc.
Delight and Angers - Reference above^
Cloud Connected - Be the intro or stay where it is
Only for the Weak - Yes
The Chosen Pessimist - Play two better songs instead
The Quiet Place - Yes
Rusted Nail - I guess this has to be played
The Mirror's Truth - Yes
Deliver Us - If there's room could be switched out with better song, 2 SOAPF songs played already
Take This Life - This or My Sweet Shadow

The Chosen Pessimist works in this setlist because there are 19 songs in total, you need a song like this to give people and the band some time to breathe. But I agree that Delight and Angers and maybe Ropes can be replaced with a couple of older songs.

Yea, put in System and Pinball Map instead of TCP and watch half of the people fainting :D I did not know it was TCP's time in the setlist, but since I rocked the shit out myself through the Ropes-D&A-CC trio, and utterly destroyed my lungs during OFTW, if it wasn't TCP I was going to the bathroom for sure. There was no fucking air at all. It was 1,5-2mins into TCP when you could catch some fresh air.

What a load of shit :D I went to a Sepultura/In Flames show in 2006 and there was no 8 minute long slow song break, it was just constant heavy metal tracks. It was about 2 and a half hours overall - nobody fainted, because we weren't pussies :D

Yes, for one, you weren't pussies! But for two, I'm sure an IF setlist which is dominated by pre-Colony tracks is very surviveable. You barely sing, you don't jump for minutes straight, you "just" enjoy the music. For three, there were guys who had to be evacuated during Everything's Gone :D For four, TCP is still more than 6, 6 and a halfm inutes long, and 4, 4 and a half minutes of it is slow, so yeah. I mean it sounds cool that TCP last for 30 minutes and nothing is happening during that, but that's just not true.

Yes, for one, you weren't pussies! But for two, I'm sure an IF setlist which is dominated by pre-Colony tracks is very surviveable. You barely sing, you don't jump for minutes straight, you "just" enjoy the music. For three, there were guys who had to be evacuated during Everything's Gone :D For four, TCP is still more than 6, 6 and a halfm inutes long, and 4, 4 and a half minutes of it is slow, so yeah. I mean it sounds cool that TCP last for 30 minutes and nothing is happening during that, but that's just not true.

It was 2006 you dunce, not 1996 :D setlist was mostly Cum Clarity, STYE and Reroute. I appreciate that's still probably a bit hardcore for your tastes but it wasn't a set filled with Jester Race/Whoracle tracks. I remember them playing Moonshield, though, that was cool.

I suppose the simple fact is In Flames current music attracts wimps, most guys with a backbone aren't going to be caught dead standing around listening to a bloke in his mid-40's whining about his life in an irritating nasal drone. Like attracts like.

It was 2006 you dunce, not 1996 :D setlist was mostly Cum Clarity, STYE and Reroute. I appreciate that's still probably a bit hardcore for your tastes but it wasn't a set filled with Jester Race/Whoracle tracks. I remember them playing Moonshield, though, that was cool.

I suppose the simple fact is In Flames current music attracts wimps, most guys with a backbone aren't going to be caught dead standing around listening to a bloke in his mid-40's whining about his life in an irritating nasal drone. Like attracts like.

What does his age have to do with how you get into the music? You won't headbang/bounce/whatever you do slower just because Anders is older now.

And yes, not everyone as cool as you are, but you also have to consider the band members and their vitality.

What a load of shit :D I went to a Sepultura/In Flames show in 2006 and there was no 8 minute long slow song break, it was just constant heavy metal tracks. It was about 2 and a half hours overall - nobody fainted, because we weren't pussies :D

Ok I phrased my comment a bit wrong:p What im trying to say is that TCP adds another dimension to the setlist, its not your standard IF song, there is 19 songs in this set list so you need variety. Im not saying though that its better to have this in place of old songs, im saying that i'd keep this and replace Ropes and D&A with a couple of old songs.

(Awaiting for eochaid to post a haterz comment like "yes TCP takes you to the dimension of dog shit" or something similar :p)