In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Wtf, good album, and you rate it 8/10? Thats well over good mate. 8/10 means a great album with very few flaws. A good album would be 6.5-7.0/10.

Damn dude, must we do this over and over again?

Good album is like 7.5 or 8/10, 9/10 is a great album with very few flaws, 10/10 is epic, legendary whatever.

This is not some epic masterpiece, this is not a great album, like Surgical Steel was. It's not a cheap, simplistic, boring piece of modern mainstream music that is SC either. It's just good, realistically somewhere between 7 and 8.

Hyperboles, hyperboles everywhere! :D

God, I'm so glad I don't give a damn about politics anymore. Witnessing this kind of (stupid) mentality can be fun here, but whe there are actual stakes on the line, oh no.

But yeah, 8/10 is good, though the whole rating system is fucked up; basically 1-5 is shit, you can just adjust the shittiness or the lack of it. Most albums are 6-8, and there are the 8 pluses which you could argue all day long, partially because overrated music like the Beatles and other legendary-status bands/performers albums are 10/10 (especially if said artists had died during their career), so it's pretty much not possible to rate properly, at least not on a scale of 10- Scale of 5 is easier, because you just give 3 to everything you don't really care about, give a 4 to good albums, no one is arguing with fours, and the occasional fives if you really like something. As for the scale of 0-100... yeah, we definitely need to know if said album is 72% or 75%. (metacritic is fine, that's different)

So add numerical ratings to the list of things Jester Slave hates, right alongside good music, concise posts, his job and gigs which don't have 10 minute breaks.

But it's nice talking about overrated music because, if you considere SC strictly from a musical point of view, then it's clearly overrated as an album.

Edit: that's my SC hate post of the day :heh:

Every note over 4 is overrating. Shit, second hate comment of the day. I'm going to cool myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjshF0TFm8

Thomas Lindberg wearing a cap and hipsterish clothes - YEAH HE IS SO COOL, OLD SCHOOL MELODIC DEATH BUT ALSO RELEVANT TO THE YOUNGER PEOPLESSS
Anders Friden wearing a cap and hipsterish clothes - FUCKIN DUCHE, I HATE HIM, HE IS A DIVA, HE IS SO NU-METHUULL LAGALGLALALFFSGFDSFDSGSFADAS

No, dude... they are totally... you know... because... I mean... whatever, SC sucks!! Play Behind Space pls, ty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjshF0TFm8

Thomas Lindberg wearing a cap and hipsterish clothes - YEAH HE IS SO COOL, OLD SCHOOL MELODIC DEATH BUT ALSO RELEVANT TO THE YOUNGER PEOPLESSS
Anders Friden wearing a cap and hipsterish clothes - FUCKIN DUCHE, I HATE HIM, HE IS A DIVA, HE IS SO NU-METHUULL LAGALGLALALFFSGFDSFDSGSFADAS

WOW WHERE'S THE OTHER MEMBERS?! THIS ISNT AT THE GATES ITS THOMAS SOLO PROJECT OMG!

Yeah he looks so much like Anders :D spastics.

Anyhow, I kinda agree with the weird facebook guy about the vocals. I don't know if it's the production or if his voice his just deteriorated, but it's not powerful enough for me. It just sounds weird.

P. Dolving thought he was going to be a superstar along with Slash. No nobody cares for what he does so he has to mock on his ex companions to have some visibillity.

P. Dolving thought he was going to be a superstar along with Slash. No nobody cares for what he does so he has to mock on his ex companions to have some visibillity.

This.

To put up a completely retarded video like Dolving did says a lot about him as an individual. Incredible, any respect I had for that guy was instantly evaporated.

I like the vocals on the new ATG. They are raw. They remind me of Anders around 1997-98 actually, with that high tone behind the growl.

It sounds nothing like Anders in studio 97/98. Live, a little bit, but Anders fucking sucked live in that period so it isn't exactly a compliment.

I dunno who Dolving is, don't really care either. I said when ATG released their first single I wasn't sure about the vox, listening to the album I feel the same way. I mean, I can get used to them, but they aren't that good to my ears. Maybe I've just grown out of melodeath.

Fuck, he looks old. Never really listened to The Haunted. Kind of douchy to call out another guy on his vocals when, from what I've heard, his were nothing special either.

Hahaha, always trying to make people who speak the truth about IF seem to be weirdos.

He's only hiding what he knows deep inside, that we are true. If the new IF fans spent more time buying their albums than fighting the haters maybe the album would be a real success, one thing that, by the moment, seems very far from being.

As for Dolving, he's got a good voice (at least I used to like him) but he seems to be very little as person. All the resentiment that you can feel on those videos when he is the one who left the band twice. And the stupid comments of his followers trying to look cool.

Last edited by a moderator: