In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

There is also this post on their fb page when they ask:
"So, what's the best song we've ever done? #IF2014"

If someone takes the time to see the answers can see how wrong they are (or how much they lie) about their fans feelings towards their full discography. A surprise (I'm being ironic) how many old times songs are being named together with the new songs (I only counted three votes for songs from SC and two stupid guys who said Self vs Self, that's the level of some fans).

It sounds nothing like Anders in studio 97/98. Live, a little bit, but Anders fucking sucked live in that period so it isn't exactly a compliment.

I dunno who Dolving is, don't really care either. I said when ATG released their first single I wasn't sure about the vox, listening to the album I feel the same way. I mean, I can get used to them, but they aren't that good to my ears. Maybe I've just grown out of melodeath.

It does sound like Anders in the Studio, especially on TJR (96). The vocals are just processed differently by Nordström.

Do you honestly believe Anders sounded completely different Live than in the Studio? :loco:

Of course. Listen to the vocals on TJR or Whoracle then listen to Koln 96 or the live Behind Space track that's on Black Ash Inheritance. Anders studio vocals are deeper than his live vocals, by some distance.

Bootleg of the whole Belgium show Oct. 15th, good quality.
Fucking SICK vocals on Resin. Even brings out a Colony-like growl a few times as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to get my hands on the tracks from Soilwork's EP no luck so far.

Are you talking legally then? I don't think you can unless you buy it from CDjapan or something, it's only distributed in Japan. If you're just looking for a download it's everywhere lol, there's like 5 torrents on TPB.

Also about Resin I love the small change they've done, on the part before the solo, that melody is seriously better than the one in the studio version. Can't wait to hear the song it live.

Right, and that's why you shouldn't make up your mind after one listen because all the songs definitely do not have the 'same rhythm'.

Do not worry, I never do. That's why I still try to listen to SC to see if it's better than I thought. And no, it's worse (that's my SC hate comment of the day).

I've been really trying to listen to Siren Charms. Desperately trying to let it become listenable. It's just not.

Another new track off Scar Symmetry's new album. Pretty good track. Obviously the previous singer was amaze, this new singer in concert is really not good. Doesn't do any of the older songs like Morphogenesis justice live.

Are you talking legally then? I don't think you can unless you buy it from CDjapan or something, it's only distributed in Japan. If you're just looking for a download it's everywhere lol, there's like 5 torrents on TPB.

Also about Resin I love the small change they've done, on the part before the solo, that melody is seriously better than the one in the studio version. Can't wait to hear the song it live.

Yeah I try to buy stuff from bands I really like. Since they've done an Asia-only thing I guess I'll have to. Still will buy some merch or something though or I wouldn't feel right haha.

Didn't even notice what they did until you said it, pretty sick

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my hands on the Wacken Open Air 1997 Audio Bootleg in FLAC. Fucking awesome. Got an 5year late email reply just 20minutes ago lol. Might even upload it for you =) Anders sounds pretty brutal, sounds like something between Whoracle/Colony vocal wise, mostly. They also play the intro riff in Jotun in another way but it sounds awesome too. And on Stand Ablaze you could barely hear any guitars lol but seems the fixed it for Jotun (the second song). The rhythm guitars are actually low at times on other songs too but it's still good stuff. They also play a completely different solo to Dead Eternity, no idea what the fuck they're playing. Also skipping half of the intro like with Moonshield.

Can't help but think Whoracle (instrumental) would have been a better intro... I know it was moving into Stand Ablaze from Subterranean, but still :D Timeless is cool but kinda weird in that environment.

Anders' vocals really are fucking awful around this period :D he had a massive improvement from 1998 onwards (2002-2004 excluded). I don't know how to describe how he sounds on shows like this, but it isn't good. Kinda like the ATG singer if he was being anally raped. Bad vibes.

I like what they did with the Dead Eternity solo, it sounded pretty cool. The intro to Dead Eternity sounds fucking heavy live, too.

Crazy how you got this years later.

The Jotun intro riff sounds like how they played it on the "Waldrock" festival mp3 recording from the IF Live Collection torrent.

Anders' vocals really are fucking awful around this period :D he had a massive improvement from 1998 onwards (2002-2004 excluded). I don't know how to describe how he sounds on shows like this, but it isn't good. Kinda like the ATG singer if he was being anally raped. Bad vibes.

I like what they did with the Dead Eternity solo, it sounded pretty cool. The intro to Dead Eternity sounds fucking heavy live, too.

Yeah. The 1999 Gothenburg bootleg sounded really fucking good and so did the Tokyo Showdown performances. Brutality and aggression but not being such an abrasive-sounding throat murder.

I'd like to go back to that Haunted ex vocalist guy.

Ok here goes. He's a fucking cunt. He's a piece of shit, and he's the exact reason I never touched The Haunted. His voice has that mundane angry 20 year old metalcore sound to it. For him to talk shit about Lindburg is insulting not only because Lindburg is a great vocalist, but because this guy is a complete fucking tool of a vocalist and has no room to speak.

I love the At The Gates guitar guy, can't remember his name on the top of my head, but I also think that the new Ola guy is also an improvement.
I'm glad he went back to At The Gates because that's where he shines.

Also, whoever said Anders was shit in 98 needs to cut their head off their neck then pull on the spinal chord sticking out until their brain is fully yanked out then shove something else up there so they can think better before they post, because I'm pretty sure 98 was Anders best "growling" year.