In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

My youtube channel. Youtube.com/krofius
Also got some other cool stuff from the guy that i got to choose, nothing super old, 2002-2003 stuff. Will upload it later probably.

I'm pretty sure 98 was Anders best "growling" year.

He was at his best around 1999-2000. He sounds fantastic on every boot I've heard from '99, as close to studio as he's probably ever sounded. He definitely improved in 98 though, the Club Citta show is better than anything I've heard from 96 or 97.

For me it gets better and better. Still some songs feel unfinished, but in general I like the album much more than a month ago.
Also saw them live a week ago and the new songs esp. In plain view, everything's gone and rusted nail sound awesome live.

I've stopped listening to it. The album will appeal to a certain type of person but it's nowhere near dyamic or creative enough to capture my interest long-term.

I've listened to it fewer than 10 times. I like it but I agree with DE, nothing really captures my attention or sticks in my head. I do really like the chorus to Everything's Gone though.

Yeah, fuck, should've slept first. So, they just released their new album but still played 6 songs (almost half of the set) from their debut album. NOW IT MAKES SENSE GUYS!

There's so many dudes here questioned it, believe me.

BTW Siren Charms is one of the best IF albums. I guess my favorite from album is Filtered Truth.

ASOP is just above SC... at least ASOP had screaming and some good riffs. SC is still the worst.

Not just boring unimaginative guitar play surrounding loud and annoying choruses and that's it.

And no one questioned why they would, we all know that's what as a band you have to do when touring a new album.

We however would discuss an ideal setlist for them to settle into after the first several months out of being on the road.

Speaking of Sepultura, I'll probably get disliked for this but... I sincerely think that the progress they have made with the "new" singer Derrick Green is just astonishing.
Sure, the old wasn't bad, but the new is just amazing. Songs like Dialog and Kairos are amazing, not just on the album but live as well.

Not to forget, Eloy Casagrande, which may not only be one of the best double-kick drummers out there, but also one who plays with an insane amount of power behind his sticks, breaking them regularly, which is insane, considering the sticks he uses. Adding to that, he is very young, and shows an amazing talent. Another thing is that he expresses himself a lot visually while playing, which is a sign of a fantastic drummer. His drumming also involves incredibly intelligent off-tempo play in certain songs (example, Dialog, see below).

Paulo Jr has been with the band since 1984, and his skill with the bass is excellent.

Here's Eloy Casagrande performing a song off of their newest album "The Mediator Between Head and Hands Must Be the Heart" called Trauma of War. Sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Finally, Dialog, an amazing track.
-Look closely at 02:42 as his stick is split in half and picks up a new one seconds later.- :rofl:

Sepultura is one of the giants in metal - old, or new.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF are going to perform When the World Explodes with Emilia Feldt on the Stockholm and Gothenburg dates when they record the DVD, only time they will perform it, awesome.