In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Production on RTR is awful. Just because it's the album that got you into the band doesn't mean it sounds good. The guy above who said it was muffled is correct. And the drums are just terrible. Maybe not as bad as the drums on Siren Charms though. The guitars on Clayman have teeth. RTR sounds like it was recorded underwater. Mixing sucks too.

I like the production but the production on the vocals is bad. Why would you want to muddy up those screams? It just makes them weaker.

Probably because Anders' voice was pretty messed up at the time, and muffling his attempts at screams made for easier listening. Check out any bootleg from 2002 and you'll see what I mean.

It just seems like it's slowed down because Jester Slave has stopped turbo posting ... maybe his boss told him to do some fucking work :D

This is fairly normal levels of discussion imo.

This album is the international measure to describe something that sucks. Now I can only listen to 3 songs without wanting to break my mp3 player.

It just seems like it's slowed down because Jester Slave has stopped turbo posting ... maybe his boss told him to do some fucking work :D

This is fairly normal levels of discussion imo.

You want him back? Easy task. R2R has the worst production ever and only a fanboy could say the opposite. Is as bad that only SC can be compared about how shitty the production is.

In case someone else was interested as well in the story behind The Man himself:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/your-reviews/37757-review-flames-reroute-remain.html

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...on/149325-i-bought-nu-flames-album-today.html

I like the posts where a few people bash Colony like we/you do R2R or SC. I wonder if the forum was older and people had internet access back then, could we read stuff like "yeah, this Whracle stuff is not bad, but seems like a sellout compared to the mighty LS". I bet one nickel on that we would.

I'm also said I did not found a thread by UC about Come Clarity, because that record is closer to the old stuff than R2R or STYE. We might never know what his opinion was on that! 6k+ posts are way too many to surf through them looking for answers :D

You want him back? Easy task. R2R has the worst production ever and only a fanboy could say the opposite. Is as bad that only SC can be compared about how shitty the production is.

Tell your people to start using setlist.fm. It's been two shows already in Spain and NOTHING. I thought Italians were the lazy ones.

First 3 tracks are really good. Last 2 are ok

Will try to listen to it this night. New Slipknot record is out as well! It's definitely better than AHIG (not that it says much), but I can't give a rating just yet. From the new songs I really like Killpop, which is like the new Vermillion, and the last build up in the last song is pretty nice as well. Custer is the new Pulse Of The Maggots, very hectic, very arena-type song.

Listening it through for one time (except some songs, like Killpop, which I keep starting up) there are a few meh songs, like Skeptic.
As it was predictable from the promotional songs, the album is very much like Iowa+Vol3, but Iowa is more dominant. I really wish Joey was still with the guys, the new drums suck ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
R2R good album with bad production. But he can have his own opinion as you have saying that SC is a great album (saying great and SC in the same sentence makes want to kill myself). Also, it took almost a year for me to start liking R2R (I must say that it was a year of not listening to the album at all).
I don't think there's many people in Spain that know about uploading nor finding the setlists. Also, Spaniards are very lazy (in a Bjorn way) when it comes to learn english or even the songs lyrics and, if by chance we learn them, then we don't know the meaning of those lyrics (I think this is wy Steve Harris lyrics are so popular in Spain).
New Slipknot... I still don't get the feeling of the album. Music is good but Corey seems lack of inspiration. Also AHIG is a great album. I understand you don't like it since it's a mix of melodic tunes with trash (and some death) sounds, but, from a metal fan point of view, I think it's great, and Gematria and the AHIG songs are one of the best they've ever done.

Production on RTR is awful. Just because it's the album that got you into the band doesn't mean it sounds good. The guy above who said it was muffled is correct. And the drums are just terrible. Maybe not as bad as the drums on Siren Charms though. The guitars on Clayman have teeth. RTR sounds like it was recorded underwater. Mixing sucks too.
I know it sounds like that, but for me, it just adds to its' value. I don't know how much am I blinded by the fact that this record got me into In Flames, I can't just root it out from me and look at R2R like I just found it today.

Even the posts in 2002 note that R2R has poor production. There's no getting away from it, saying that it adds to the atmosphere of the album (debatable) doesn't detract from the fact it isn't very good.

Have to admit I've always found the posts saying the band went to shit after Whoracle amusing, though :D not sure how a metal fan can dislike Colony or Clayman.

There's that rule in metal that every album following the first two is pure shit. Also, anyone that doesn't like Colony or Clayman should be isolated from society and closed into a mental institution for the rest of his life.

In case someone else was interested as well in the story behind The Man himself:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/your-reviews/37757-review-flames-reroute-remain.html

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...on/149325-i-bought-nu-flames-album-today.html

I like the posts where a few people bash Colony like we/you do R2R or SC. I wonder if the forum was older and people had internet access back then, could we read stuff like "yeah, this Whracle stuff is not bad, but seems like a sellout compared to the mighty LS". I bet one nickel on that we would.

I'm also said I did not found a thread by UC about Come Clarity, because that record is closer to the old stuff than R2R or STYE. We might never know what his opinion was on that! 6k+ posts are way too many to surf through them looking for answers :D

Glad to see I've been consistent in my views for almost a decade though. But seriously, I feel so violated. Stop STALKING me.

Since COF was brought up, I might as well link this

I think it's a really good middle-ground in COF's catalog. Not some 8 minutes torture (for some, I don't mind them personally), but not a 3:30 radio hit either.
Glad to see I've been consistent in my views for almost a decade though. But seriously, I feel so violated. Stop STALKING me.
Being so mysterious made me interested. Also, I find it fucking scary and awesome at the same time that I can go back 12 years (!!!!!!!!!) in time to see the younger self of someone I'm interacting with. Just think about it, basically you spent 1/3 of your life on this board, and such a thing will be common in 10-20 years from now, depending on whether the boards will get archived or not.

I'm fascinated by such things! Much more than many of IF's song themes (mainly the older ones, almost all of the newer song have a personal meaning as well, making it SO MUCH easier to relate to) about post-apocalyptic scenarios. Maybe it's beacue I probably won't live it (or will be quite old) when those will be serious problems, I'm not sure, but I just don't give a fuck about the whole "omg we are destroying ourselves!" thingy. Yes, it's happening now, but it's still so far away from an individual viewpoint.
This, howewer, is already within our reach, cyber-[anything] is a very real thing. You can do devastating or very uplifting things with it. Imagine if someone would like to ruin your life. They could if you have at least a little presence on the internet, and who doesn't these days? But also, there are many sites and boards which can help you, even with very serious matters. Maybe 30 years ago you would've been told "deal with it", bt with sites like reddit, you can talk about ANYTHING with people in the same shoes like you. I read some threads which gave me the chills, but sadly, the matters discussed in them were real.

Meh, got carried away. Time to pop humanity's greatest musical creation, Siren Charms, what a great album, aye? Also, fuck spanish people, 3 shows and 0 setlist. Just how fucking terrible you are?

Since we're out of topic, gonna share some classic. Blast from the past!