In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

While They Will Return is likely Kalmah's worst album; I could not hate you more right now.

Everything you said is complete bollocks.
Something akin to saying "Embody the Invisibles leads are nothing except a few simplistic strung together in a scale".

Bah.

Wow, touchy...

Yeah, main EtI lead is not something awesome IMO. Still, works much better then those third league Scandinavian demo band guitar hero wannabe Kalmah melodies.

The vocalist for Kalmah also seems to have no variation whatsoever. The growls have no emotion or power in them at all.

This also. Vocalist is sooo average and unimpressive. Combine that with most obvious vocal melodies possible and there you have it - boring ol' Kalmah.

That dude from Omnium Gatherum is a terrible vocalist, but at least he does his thing with emotion and conviction. Not this Donald Duck stuff.

Mmm, that song is actually not that bad. :eek: Sure, I hate vocals like that, but how's Anders' performance on TJR is any more emotional? People giving 9s and 10s for TJR might as well tattoo "I don't give a rat's ass about vox quality" on their foreheads.

And about the riffs and solos... Zombie Inc. has probably my favorite music solo ever, but the rest of the song is as generic and boring as it gets. I think a good song should have moments of greatness from start to finish, not just one 11/10 part slapped into your regular "how to make music 101" song. Overall, Episode 666 is probably a better song than Zombie Inc, even though I like the solo in the latter so much better. But Episode 666 keeps my attention from beginning to the end, it's a good song with a good solo, not a mediocre song with an amazing one.

That dude from Omnium Gatherum is a terrible vocalist, but at least he does his thing with emotion and conviction. Not this Donald Duck stuff.

On the contrary, he's actually the best death metal vocalist in the melodeath business currently operating in the greater Scandinavian area. Amazingly deep gutterals, extremely powerful delivery. Also and more importantly, his clean vocals are a perfect example of how cleans should be used in extreme melodic death metal, softly and for subtle melody focused layering instead of a driving force or main melody (Insomnium fails in this area).

Emotion in music is a huge key factor to music, and no that doesn't mean "how emo it sounds".

Actually I agree with Jester Slave on this one,sorry. The vocals on TJR wasnt really "emotional". Does that makes vocals boring? Lets be honest, they werent varitional.

If you can't establish a difference between the vocals on TJR and They will Return then that's a bit sad. I give Jester Slave a pass on the basis he can't be any more than 12 years old, but really, there's no excuse otherwise.

You are confusing emotion with moaning. Puting faces while singing is not emotion is a sign of constipation.

If you can't establish a difference between the vocals on TJR and They will Return then that's a bit sad. I give Jester Slave a pass on the basis he can't be any more than 12 years old, but really, there's no excuse otherwise.
Oh, enlighten me, please! I'm already giggling by the amount of bs you'd have to hoard up to try to explain how one emotionless growling and blabbering is different from the other. The funniest thing is that Whoracle (you know, an IF album, an old one, one that's actually good) had very decent vocals and you could feel the emotions.

But who am I kidding, mindless new wave IF fan arguing with mindless oldschool IF fan, of course you will suck every IF dick if it's pre 2002, so I let it pass.

If you keep on masturbating everytime you listen to the new album you are going to run dry when the time comes for you to lose your virginity.

Oh, the "claim stuff which seems utter bullshit then pussy out from explaining it" tag-team just arrived. It's still pathetic, but until you keep it entertaining, I'm game!

No, I'm genuinely curious, but seeing people chickening out after making bold statements is actually funny and sad at the same time, so win-win for me.

Enjoy your victory bro :D I'm sure it'll help you sleep better, knowing you fought the good fight and vanquished those who dare speak ill of your heroes.

Your miserable fail amidst you trying so hard to sell yourself as some music expert is not my victory nor does it help me sleep better. I wish it did though, my sleeping schedule is quite rusty in the past days. :(

oh wait, I have to use a lot of ": D" emoticon to release pressure and try to make this conversation look funny, when it's actually your 4th reply where you fail to back up your statement about TJR having a more emotional singing than the song in question is not. Here: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Believe me, if I thought you were worth the time I'd happily debate with you. Seeing as I don't, I'm content just winding you up :D as you seem to be on the verge of a breakdown, though, time to stop. Stay frosty, kid.